• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with a $600 build for a friend.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try to play Skyrim 1080P on a 6670 and your computer will laugh at you.

Do you need a keyboard and mouse too? Or just the tower and a monitor?

Couldn't be more wrong! I can fully max out Skyrim on my Sapphire Silent non OC'd 6670 1080p 30+FPS...except in Whiterun :p

Just checked benchmarks, guess Skyrim's a lot less demanding than I thought it was...

Well in that case, the build I speced out should be able to blow through Skyrim within her budget. :)

Yea bit dont you think for only a 100 dollars more my build would dominate(or be better then) the other build? What i am trying to say is do you think its worth it? Yea if she can only afford that mich knufire is the king of building high class rigs for low prices lol

Couldn't be more wrong! I can fully max out Skyrim on my Sapphire Silent non OC'd 6670 1080p 30+FPS...except in Whiterun :p

I would love to see this... Skyrim is a little more demanding than that.. I highly doubt you're running ultra with full aa and msaa or fxaa at 1080p maintaining a good constant fps during busy fight scenes and what not.. playable is also different for every individual. I find anything below 50 fps annoying.. so.. eh.

Really below 50fps? I thought that anything below 20 was choppy 21-30 was tolerable but annoying and 31+ was good hahaha guess standards are different but that must mean u spend the big bucks on gpus lol

I hate having under 60fps. That would explain why I have 2 GTX480's for a single 23in 1080p monitor. :)

Yea some people are very sensitive to FPS while others aren't. I am pretty sure she isn't since she plays on the xbox360 just fine and I hate it.

lol I don't want to. I played it on PS3 at PAX Prime last year right before release and it was terrible.

I would love to see this... Skyrim is a little more demanding than that.. I highly doubt you're running ultra with full aa and msaa or fxaa at 1080p maintaining a good constant fps during busy fight scenes and what not.. playable is also different for every individual. I find anything below 50 fps annoying.. so.. eh.

No AA. Not because my GPU can't handle it, because my CPU is bottlenecking my graphics card.

And I have a feeling that my PCI 1.* slot is also bottlenecking my graphics card.

I shall do a demonstration with my new rig on the same 6670 and completely max it out.

I'll let you know :D

Really and thats the one with out a heat sink right lol NICE

Thats the one with the HUGE heatsink but no fan

sapphire_6670u_5.jpg

:cool:

Strap a silent slim 80mm fan on that puppy and OC the snoot out of it.

+1 for knufire's build. A bit better value than the one I posted.

Back