• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need some help with cable Management

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kasey

I'm having two problems at the moment with my cable management. Hopefully I can get some helpful input :D . The first is with my CPU Power cable. This is the current arrangement:
2.png
1.png

Probably wondering why I'm not using the space behind the mobo. The problem with that is where it comes in at the top in the second attachment is only 5 cm away from where I plan to put a 240mm radiator + 2 x 120 mm fans. I don't want the radiator + fans applying pressure to the cable. I can't seem to find a fan + radiator combo that would fit in that small space. the ones I'm currently looking at are about 65 mm together. about 15 mm short from hitting my mobo. the window to see my system is small and you can't really see the cable going in a huge diagonal across the build, but it bothers me. Any ideas?

My second problem comes with the power supply cables for fans. I really dislike cables that are uselessly long and have multiple connections when you only need one. this is the one in question:

3.png

My cable reaches the power supply by itself so I don't really need this ridiculously long cable. I have no where to route it. I thought my PSU came with a solution already. It had this:

4.png

I thought with this i could just plug it into the mobo. However the cable doesn't fit in the fan 4-pins. the little stub on the cable doesn't match up with the stubs on the mobo (pictured below). It seems this one is used to convert to 4-pin male connector to the other connector so you can plug it into a power supply. Do they make ones that will convert it to make it capable of plugging into the mobo?
5.png

Thanks for any and all input :D

I'd put the Cpu power through the bottom hole on the right of the mobo, and up the back and out the top hole across to Cpu power pins. That may look cleaner and be out of the way.

The fan power cables may take some shoping around or perhaps some modifications of your own. You could take the stub guides and file them off so you can put the 4 pin on the connector.

I'd put the Cpu power through the bottom hole on the right of the mobo, and up the back and out the top hole across to Cpu power pins. That may look cleaner and be out of the way.

The fan power cables may take some shoping around or perhaps some modifications of your own. You could take the stub guides and file them off so you can put the 4 pin on the connector.

Yeah. That was what I had at first with the CPU power. But that would only leave 45-50 mm for rad+fan.
I think I'm going to buy a CPU power extension and then run it through the back. With the added length the rad can push a little on the cable without pushing the connector too.

Alright. I'll try filing the stub off

Last edited:
Back