• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need some Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I'm runing windows 2000 sp2 and I need to know how to disable programs that start to run when you first get to desktop.I'm not talking about progs like AIM or icq.Theres programs that load up in the back ground which really slowes windows down for the first 25 to 30 sec.I know there was a command you could run by typing it in the run menu with the windows 9x series of os but is there one for win2000?

There is an excellent little freeware program called RegCleaner that will allow you to remove programs from start up in win2k. It will also allow you to clean out outdated and unused registry entries (look under "tools").

The program is too big to attach. Below is the link to their website where you can download it.

http://www.jv16.org/

Oh, in re-reading your post - you could click on START button, then RUN and they type "regedit."

This will bring you to your registry. To find start up programs click on the pluses in this order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
RUN

RegCLeaner is much easier to use.

Thanks for the info guys hope to fix the problem when I get home tonight.

Back