• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EezurpaiN

I am not at home on my computer but I would like some overclocking info. Since I am stuck in the pentium 4 era I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into further overclocking my cpu... Currently it is running at 3.6 gig I have had it up over 3.7 but anything over that is unstable...My question is this if I am currently running 1.375 vcore will it help any if I give it more juice? I really wanna join the 4 gig club and I think I have sufficient cooling with my FS-C77 cooler on it. What do you guys think I know it's kind of a blast from the past but some of us aren't single and can't move onto c2d yet!:bang head

I'd certainly try to give it some vcore. Try 1.42v or so at 3.7ghz & go from there.

I'm still running s478 P4's so don't feel too bad about your LGA775 P4. lol
I run my 3.4E at 4.1ghz with the vcore set to 1.56v in bios, but it droops to 1.51v at idle & 1.48v under load. That's with watercooling on the cpu.

1.375v is very low. you will need to increase it if you want more clocks, for sure. ;)

I tried to step it up to 1.4125 and I got a system lock up do I need to change my nb voltage also? I don't know why I got the lock up increasin my vcore to 1.4125 from what it was at that was the next higher voltage...

Dont know if this will help but here is what I am working with...

Attachments

• currentsettings.JPG
    currentsettings.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 53
Yes, raising the NB to 1.55 or 1.6v might be helpful. I run my AGP/NB at 1.65v at 242MHz.

Shouldn't the PCI-e clock be set to 100, or 101 - 110? I have read some boards need to be set to Auto, but I thought those were all i915 chipsets.

Well i ncreased both and I have not locked up yet i increased the nbv to 1.55 and vcore to 1.4125 we will see how that goes..

and what does the pcie clock do I will give it more power if I should I just don't know what I need...

Glad to see you're making progress. :)

The PCI-e operates at 100MHz like the PCI operates at 33MHz. I'm sure you already know if you overclock the PCI frequency too much you will corrupt the data on your IDE HDD's. That's why it's always a good idea to lock it at 33MHz.

If you overclock the PCI-e bus too far it can cause stability problems with the video card. However there are some benefits for a slight increase to the PCI-e. Hopefully someone who actually has a PCI-e mobo will expand on that. lol

Back