• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 2.8C overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Sjaak i dont know if you are still watching this post but i won a 2.8 SL6Z5 on ebay brand new still in the box for $162.50.Im hoping its a 30 cap version i no its a mo stepping cpu and i thought all mo stepping cpu's were 30 cappers but some body here said that he had a 12 cap sl6z5 mo stepping 2.8 and broke my bubble.I was really happy till i Heard that.Well any way i hope i can get 3.5ghz with this and ill be happyWell i hope my 2.8 goes as good as your 2.8 sl6wt.

Yeh, still reading :)

AFAIK, all M0 are 30 cap (xeons need that or something), 3.5Ghz will be very likely, go for the 3.71 :bday:

I dont know about the CPUs on eBay, since I allways suspect that someone is selling the CPU because it is an odd overclocker....

I know that this sounds like a stupid question but...

I just got a new P4 2.8C processor and I was just curious what 30 CAPS is and how do I tell if I have it?

akuira said:
I know that this sounds like a stupid question but...

I just got a new P4 2.8C processor and I was just curious what 30 CAPS is and how do I tell if I have it?
Just look at the bottom of the cpu 5 rows of 6 capiacitore you have a 30 cap 2.8 and on the box you will have a prod code bx80532pg2800dsl6z5 or sl6wt or similar.if its a sl6z5 it mo stepping if its any other it problay a D1 stepping unless you have a prescott then i think thats a DO stepping i think.

Private Joker said:
I dont know about the CPUs on eBay, since I allways suspect that someone is selling the CPU because it is an odd overclocker....
This one is brand new and still in the sealed box.But i dont know that for sure but thats what this guy has said and his feedback is 100% or i would not of dealt with him.I have had a few problem on ebay here lately so i only deal with people on there with 100% feedbacksales. I really wanted this cpu so i took a chance i hope i did the right thing.Well we will know in about a week.I sent him the money yesterday and he should have it thursday and i should have my cpu monday.And if it dont OC good on my AI7 then ill through in my IS7 its my backup mobo.And see what it can do on that.I will do this anyway at some piont.I hope mine can do as well as yours Private Joker and Sjaak.Then Ill be happy as a pig in mud...lol

Last edited:
gigabit said:
Just look at the bottom of the cpu 5 rows of 6 capiacitore you have a 30 cap 2.8 and on the box you will have a prod code bx80532pg2800dsl6z5 or sl6wt or similar.if its a sl6z5 it mo stepping if its any other it problay a D1 stepping unless you have a prescott then i think thats a DO stepping i think.

Alright, will do... is there a performance difference in the D1 and the m0? My product code is BX80532PG2800DSL6Z5, my FPO/BATCH is 3414A875. My PACK DATE is 05/19/2004 if any of that says anything...

SL6Z5 = M0, and likely will overclock better then the average 2.8C

didnt knew they were still packing those in may :eek:

gigabit said:
This one is brand new and still in the sealed box.

I hope mine can do as well as yours Private Joker and Sjaak.Then Ill be happy as a pig in mud...lol

Then you should have - as sjaak said - a good chance (say 80% to reach 3.5GHz). I´ve rarely heard of less in the last time.
My CPU is average, i think, since it crushes at anything above 250FSB (i have to update my sig :)). I dont know wheter its the CPU or something else thats holding me back, but - as you said - 3500MHz is a good speed to be contented. Even more, since it is accualy a lot faster than a 3.6GHz P4 out-of-the-box.

Finaly...
Good luck with your CPU! :attn:

Sjaak said:
SL6Z5 = M0, and likely will overclock better then the average 2.8C

didnt knew they were still packing those in may :eek:

They still seem to do. There is a store in my region, that got some new ones recently:

Store

Would the silver/gray blocks in these pictures be the caps? If so I assume I have 30, unless I just plain can't count!! :p

I wonder how much of an OC I can look forward to when I recieve my OCZ EL PC4000 1GB Kit (2x512MB) tommarow... :eh?:

*EDIT* Sjaak, what is the difference in my m0 stepping and your D1 stepping?

Attachments

• p4bottom01-thumb.jpg
    p4bottom01-thumb.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 43
  • p4bottom02-thumb.jpg
    p4bottom02-thumb.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I hope i can get 3.6 to 3.7 ghz and im sure ill at least get at 3.5 at 250fsb when i get mine and i would think you should expect about the same unless you get one of those killer overclockers and can do 3.8 /3.9 on air.We both have memory that can do these number easy.Well you are getting memory that will be able to do those numbers.What cooling do you have?

gigabit said:
I hope i can get 3.6 to 3.7 ghz and im sure ill at least get at 3.5 at 250fsb when i get mine and i would think you should expect about the same unless you get one of those killer overclockers and can do 3.8 /3.9 on air.We both have memory that can do these number easy.Well you are getting memory that will be able to do those numbers.What cooling do you have?

Unfortunatly I still have the stock hsf... I ran out of money for this week, gotta wait for that next paycheck :D

I plan to get the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu though.

akuira said:
Unfortunatly I still have the stock hsf... I ran out of money for this week, gotta wait for that next paycheck :D

I plan to get the Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu though.

if you want the max overclock you can get out of that cpu with air, get a sp-94 or the new XP-120 thermalright sink. they provide a lot better solution to air cooling and could get you several more hundred mhz on your OC. additionally, you choose the fan to put on it so you could go with loud but extremely effective or silent but still very good. i personally got the sp-94 and a high speed panaflo 92mm fan. i use a fanbus controller so this way i can have the cooling power when i need and turn down the speed when i want it more quiet. just something to think about/look into. dont forget to use AS5 as well, its good for a few degree drops in temp.

I'd have to agree with gustav about cooling. I currently have a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu cooling my P4C and, while it does a "decent" job at cooling, an sp-94 or xp-120 would do a significantly better job, IMO. Good luck with that chip!

I have a SL6Z5 M0 (pack date: 5-13-04) and it will do 238 FSB on default vcore. After that it needs 1.550 to do 242, and 1.575 to do 244 and it won't do much more than that, even with the vcore at 1.65, two instances of P95 crap out after less than an hour. Seems strange, anyone have any ideas?

Abit IC-7 w/ latest bios, P4 2.8C M0 SL6Z5, Crucial PC3200 RAM, 5:4 ratio, SP-94, 92mm Panaflo high output. . .

Back