• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.0GHz SL6WK L351B158 30 Caps OC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What bioses are you all guys running?

I've played around with a 3.0 WU with a couple of diffrent setups.
I don't remember what max on air was, but I know I could prime at 250FSB and got a capture at 3.9+
Heat was the main issue, and I got all of your sympthoms. (reboot, bluescreen, hard-lock)
Slapped it in a WC rig (DD WW, Eheim 1250 etc.) and I could prime at 4GHz with 1.725vcore. idle/load: 42/48.
In the transition to the WC equipment I added alu sinks to the mosfets, and put a fan to blow over them, which could have helped some...
(BIOS all along was 2.1, with GAT: A-A-A-D-D, 2-6-3-3, 3.2vdimm, 1.6vagp, 5:4, fixed AGP/PCI 66/33)

I've been going through the same search. I tried 6 cpus, one of which couldn't do over 3.3 with 1.8v. I finally found another chip that would do 3.75 and kept it. I've stopped looking for cpus and decided to buy a Prometeia Mach I instead. Now I'll get 4.2 or so :) .

Last edited:
StrongBadia said:
I've been going through the same search. I tried 6 cpus, one of which couldn't do over 3.3 with 1.8v. I finally found another chip that would do 3.75 and kept it. I've stopped looking for cpus and decided to buy a Prometeia Mach I instead. Now I'll get 4.2 or so :) .

Ouch.....

And I thought my first 3.4C was the worst chip ever....couldn't do 3.7g (regardless of voltage) completely stable, unless the case cover was off...and that's with SLK947U and tornado fan @_@, and absolute limit with case cover off was about 3730 mhz.

Newer chip does 3.80 ghz with case cover on very stable (1.65-1.675v), and 3.91 (3.90 ghz even better) ghz with case cover off, very stable in games (no crashes yet) but can't prime for too long (usually locks up); temps just get too hot for the chip.

But not being able to reach 3.3v out of a 3.0C is probably a goober award record....

i got sl6wk-l347b039-02/05/04 thing is great just got some simpletech nitro mem and fsb is still going up 3.5 now but still got a lot more.asus p4s800d-e nice board ,hopefully luck will be with me!!!.

Hi Guys,

Cheers for all the input, you guys rock and I really appreciate all the information.

Sorry for bumping this post up and for not having replied for ages, but i've had very limited online time for the past 2 or 3 weeks due to work and stuff.

Thought I would let you know that I have still been unsuccessful getting this chip stable anything higher that 240 to 244 FSB.

Weird thing is that the L348 needed roughly 1.65V to be stable there and so I could understand it not wanting to go more cos of the voltage it wanted, but this L351 does 240 to 244 FSB at stock voltage but still refuses to go any further.

I've tried pretty much everything as mentioned in my very first post on this thread and it is a no go.

One thing I was wondering is do you reckon that the fact that I need to use a divider, either the 3:2 or the 5:4 could be causing the problems with getting the chip higher

Sure I am using Mushkin 2-2-2 PC3200 Special now and had Corsair XMS PC3200 before this, but both have used a divider.

Perhaps i'll look into it and will definitely let you guys know if there are any improvements.

Cheers for all the help guys.

Last edited:
Damn, i just hope this CPU is a lucky one then, its a totally different 3.0c batch, from march this year phillipeans, but when i get to 3.5ghz 1.424vcore you just expect to go higher than 250, right? :p

~t0m

I went from a sl6wu to a sl6wk-30 caps too

I bought my sl6wu from PCSupplysource two months ago.
It had FPO LA331, PACK DATE 01/31/04.
On air, it would not go past 3.6 GHz, no matter what VCore I applied.
The I got my koolance Exos and got it prime stable at 3.75 GHz, but it still needed 1.65V (1.70V in Bios)

Then I read about these sl6wk, so I ordered a second CPU from PCSupplysource and got a 30-cap SL6WK, Q401A445, pack date 03/09/04.

This thing went to 3.75 GHz at stock voltage, which on my Abit undervolts to 1.39V.
It was cool and prime-stable at that speed.

Now, it's running at 3.9 GHz, with 1.55V (1.57 in BIOS), prime-stable.

Games and everything else run OK.

This is one sweet chip!

I dont know where my 3.0c was made but, i can only get 231fsb 24hour 2 instance of large fft Prime95 stability out of it. anything up to 234 and it will just error in prime95. It wont boot at 240 or 239. This is with the Bios Hack.

Without the Bios hack and with the ram divider set to 3:2 i was able to boot into 240 but, it froze after a short time. Anything higher was a joke. I can boot into 250fsb and it will just reboot once at the logo screen.

All this chip that I have is good for is just 231fsb.

Back