• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 3.0E D0 stepping in the bat computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Hyperram A-Data PC4200 RAM is doing great.

I was expecting more from these D0 steppings. Jeez, they had 5 months to figure this crap out. Yes, I like being able to finally boot up at 4 gig, but looking at a CPU-Z screenshot only goes so far. It's not stable to do any benchmarks at 4 gig, so what good is it?

okay batboy like come oooooon. how long have i known you for??? when ahve you ever settled for less then your best??!!!! you know and i know that there is something you can do to get 4.2 ghz stable! The old batboy that i knew wouldn't take no crap! He woulda taken piles full of dry ice and dropped it in his rig if he had to!!! Where is the passion batboy??? don't worry when i get my rig i'll blow you away with my oc :cool:...

until then don't give up!!! i want to see benchies at 4.2 and i know you can deliver!!!! (after all they don't pay you the big bucks for nothing!)

batboy said:
My Hyperram A-Data PC4200 RAM is doing great.

I was expecting more from these D0 steppings. Jeez, they had 5 months to figure this crap out. Yes, I like being able to finally boot up at 4 gig, but looking at a CPU-Z screenshot only goes so far. It's not stable to do any benchmarks at 4 gig, so what good is it?

Hmm...well then it's a toss up right now on the Adata or the OCZ3700EB. I couldn't buy Situman's at the moment because of lack of funding. I'll know for sure which it is after I find out the procs limit on phase change.

Edit: 254 seems stable, although the last few bumps have required a vcore increase with each step. Going to try 255 now and see what happens.

I was testing out my brand new A/C unit and got the house real cold tonight (it even has a remote control). So, I tried some more extreme overclocking since DD was being my cheerleader. I was able to use clockgen to squeak out 4.1 gig... LOL... but, when I tried to open CPU-Z, it crashed. Think my next step is to do a little more burn in. I want to run some 4 gig benchies so bad I can taste it. Might try chilled water even?

batboy said:
I was testing out my brand new A/C unit and got the house real cold tonight (it even has a remote control). So, I tried some more extreme overclocking since DD was being my cheerleader. I was able to use clockgen to squeak out 4.1 gig... LOL... but, when I tried to open CPU-Z, it crashed. Think my next step is to do a little more burn in. I want to run some 4 gig benchies so bad I can taste it. Might try chilled water even?

I honestly think the temps are the main thing holding us back with this processor. I think getting it up to 255stable(what I'm at right now)with temps of 47C/116F is pretty good. Especially on an unmodded P4C800-E Dlx board, with PC3200 ram :eh?:

hey man before i go to bed tonight i'll sacrifice my old pentium 1 233 mhz comp to the o/cing gods for ya!!! lol here's what you should do pop open the case... put it right in front of the ac unit... pull out 3 house fans point them right in front of the rig... and let more o/cing out of it!!!! DON't STOP Batboy soo close don't stop!!!

I'm really starting to think that getting a good OC out of a Prescott is not only limited by temps but also an adequate ammount of clean voltage. I'm starting to see a pattern of people with similar chips, and similar cooling, getting different results on, for example, an IC7 vs. an IC7G. My curiousity has solidified my decision to get a SL7KC "1.0 Vcore" D0 Prescott. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

Dmzguy

250 @ 1:1 2.5-3-3-5 1.5vcore Turbo enabled/PAT enabled

Been benching it a bit at these speeds. Here's what I have so far.

35s Super Pi 1M
5810 PCmark04
21257 3Dmark2001SE with dx9.0b and newest Catalyst drivers

Pcmark.JPG

Last edited:
Jojo1971 said:
anyone know where to get one (1.0 vcore :thup: ) ? any US-based supplier? i think im gonna jump on a prescott this time..

Compuplus is where I just purchased mine, you can do a quick google/pricewatch search for the box code: BX80546PG3200E. But I would DEFINITELY call the reseller and verify that they guarantee that to be the EXACT processor that they are sending you. Compuplus also has a 30 day return policy with no restocking fee if they send you the wrong one, so there is a little extra saftey.

Dmzguy

dmzguy said:
Compuplus is where I just purchased mine, you can do a quick google/pricewatch search for the box code: BX80546PG3200E. But I would DEFINITELY call the reseller and verify that they guarantee that to be the EXACT processor that they are sending you. Compuplus also has a 30 day return policy with no restocking fee if they send you the wrong one, so there is a little extra saftey.

Dmzguy

thanks bud

compuplus is not showing any kind of tech specs on that processor. How would i know that its a 1.0vcore chip?

I jsut called compuplus and they said they cant pick out what u want. so i guess i'll try pcsupplysource

Well my Mach 1 just arrived. I'll try and get it hooked up tonight. I still have to cut part of my mobo tray out so I can easily connect and disconnect it, but that shouldn't take too long.

Back