• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 3870 Crossfire Setup; Not much faster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it possible both slots aren't running at 16x? try to update the bios. Reinstall 3dmark and use drivercleaner and reinstall drivers.

Asus M2R32-MVP Mobo 16x/16x

It's in the sig :)

Edit: Tsk Tsk keninishna, you asked what mobo, then edited your post.

Last edited:
Definitely take the recommendation to fix your driver isssues. Also, check to make sure that your bridge setup is correct. It is very obvious that your CPU is not bottlenecking your score to what would be substandard for most people when just running one 3870. So, let us know what hapenned with that...

bench it with AA off and AF off in your ati control panel...also turn texture quality to high performance as well in ati control panel...and in 3dmark06 set everything to default 1280x1024 settings...if you are running all these tests with AA on and AF on thats why your scores are lower...for high scores we turn everything to peformance...

This is on a non-refreshed OS. I have already uninstalled the display drivers and CCC. But if I get the same score after ccleaner and reinstalling, then I will declock the CPU and run another test.

I don't know whats wrong tbh, but its not your cpu. Sure the Phenom isn't great but it would not bottleneck your cards that much. You should get at the least 15k in 3dM06

But look at that massive difference with only 200 mhz. Thats something that isn't reflected in the reviews.

Just to add my opinion here as well, My rig gets about 10k in '06 with a dual core and a overclocked 3850. Defiantly a driver problem

Back