• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build help - want to spend around $3000 - want silence with power for gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just looked at the V2000 ....while it is an attractive case...and very nice on the inside....I want a case with a door or some other way of hiding the optical drives (such as my Centurion 530, which has stealthed drive bays for the DVD drives.

jivetrky said:
That's brings up another good question....what's your guys opinion on what price I could sell my current rig?

In my opinion, I would think you can get around 400 or 500 for that, but I am no expert when it comes to pricing rigs.

Also, congrats on coming into some money, that must feel really good. :)

PWatterson said:
In my opinion, I would think you can get around 400 or 500 for that, but I am no expert when it comes to pricing rigs.

Also, congrats on coming into some money, that must feel really good. :)

SOLD. :) Just kidding.... and yes it is a great feeling to be able to splurge for myself. But I consider it blood money as it will be a small chunk of an insurance settlement for my work related back injury. (had surgery 2 months ago) of course the rest goes to getting out of debt (which may be better than the new PC) and getting a couple of new cars (new to me anyway...the $ isn't THAT large)....the rest goes for a rainy day....after I spend some on the fiance. :santa:

If it were not for that...there is no way I'd be affording such a system...but I figure, as I said before, it's my "blood money" and I should be able to treat myself to something for it.

So yeah...getting a system equal to or possibly better than what VoodooPC would sell for $5000 isn't too bad :)

In my opinion, go for the X2 4600+ instead of the 4800+. It's quite a few bucks cheaper, you wouldnt notice the difference in perf because they got the same clock speed (only half L2 cache, check on tomshardware guide) and most importantly the Manchester core is much better than the Toledo (TDP 89W instead of 110W) which is going to run cooler and therefore less CPU cooling fan noise and maybe less PSU cooling fan noise as well if it tips your setup into just the lower W model. You win on all fronts.
Monster spec you've got otherwise!! :clap:

LOL, in my case, the most noise thing is the PSU, when high load, it make noise. I can't find any PSU keep slient and powerful ... :( any idea???

I did consider that after seeing tomshardware benchmarks between the 2 ....but I don' t know if I can bring myself to go with half the cache. :) but I am entertaing the idea of the 4400+ .....just want to see how it overclocks conpared to the 4800+ I would think that being the same core it SHOULD overclock simlarly....but i don't know if the lower multiplier would affect that in a good way or bad way.

Thanks for the advice tho!

Cemson said:
LOL, in my case, the most noise thing is the PSU, when high load, it make noise. I can't find any PSU keep slient and powerful ... :( any idea???

that is an area in which I haven't been spending a lot of time...I guess that I need to,
eh :)

I had thought about maybe getting a PCP&C 510 or similiar....or perhaps the Powerstream 520 I think it is ....or maybe an Enermax...like maybe 660 ....Enermax's are usually fairly quiet aren't they?
I don't know.....I'm still milling over my CPU, Case, watercooling setup, RAM....heh pretty much everything....guess I have many more late nights ahead :)

If you like the v2000 but want a door, take a look at the V2100, its exactly the same as the v2000 except it has a door a number of other features to make i extra quite

Back