• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build , old one died

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kakshi

well the old pc died (mobo , cpu , power )

so thinking about a new build and have some questions.
(been out of the loop since intel Released the Q6600)

The build would be

CPU: Core i7 860
MoBo: Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Ram: 4GB Dual Kit Ripjaws DDR3-1600 FC-12800CL7D-4GBRM 7-8-7-24
Power: OCZ ModXStream Pro (600w)
GPU: Radeon HD 5770 (to start with, a HD 5970 later on)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
Display: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H (24")

so on to the questions..

What is the best CPU cooler (air) that will fit in the Deluxe ?
Will the power be enough when I get the HD 5970?
Will it fit the case (HD 5970)?
Was wondering is there a better case (cooling ability) than the HAF 932 in its price range?(+-50). Noise ain't going to be an issue for me
Never been good with choosing displays, always went with the cheapest.. but now i would like to get a good display at ~250eur. is the Samsung SyncMaster P2450H any good?
and atlast the Ram.. so whats like the best ram in the 100-150eur range? or are the ripjaws going to be ok

the build will be mostly for gaming/photoshopping/editing vid/ and some 3d work.
thanx for all your replies

First off... Welcome to OCForums :welcome:

What website were you using for your parts list?

I'm afraid I don't know any good websites that use €...

What is your total budget? (an LGA1336 may be better for you needs if you are video editing)

From there I can help you with a shopping list :thup:

well they are mostly in finnish.. the budjet is flexible so post the parts and ill take a look

I'm not sure how prices are over there... but I can't see it being that different as the Euro and the pound

Here's a good setup (give the image time to load... slow host)

67c3b74059.jpg

This is the whole complete sytem minus Monitor, mouse, keyboard, GPU

But with the money thats left over it shouldn't be a problem to get high end ones.

If you really still want to go the P55 route...

The i7 860 is slightly more expensive than the i7 920

The motherboard can be very reasonable (£130 for an MSI GD-65)

THe RAM is also cheaper (the ripjaw kits you were referring to earlier are very good and a popular choice... get the ones with the lowest latencies @ 1600MHz)
Total = £730... loads left over for Monitor, Keyboard, mouse, GPU

You may be able to get a good GPU now instead of getting a mediocre one now and a better one later.

Last edited:
Back