• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jhanby

My case on my current computer is utter rubbish.
Also my PSU is rubbish.
I need a new PSU and case.
Ive been looking at the Antec p180B. Does anybody have one of these ? and also what happens to the hot air going out of the top of the PSU ?

Ive also been looking at Antec NeoHe 380w PSU which looks pretty good.

Anybody have any suggestions on a quiet case ?

I don't watercool and run a Athlon XP2500 @2.0 ghz

Last edited:
i have my server in a p180b, and i was quite disappointed in its quality. the plastics on the front feel cheap and flimsy to me compared to my stacker. built a pc for a friend of mine and the front fascia was broken in shipment just like mine was...blech.. antec is a pain to deal with to get replacement parts as well.

i dont understand your question about the top of the psu?
a 120mm fan on a PSU is on the BOTTOM of unit
it blows out the back
in an antec p180, the PSU sits atop a 'ledge' that allows air to enter through the bottom of the PSU

I am happy with mine! It was a HUGE step up from what I had.

The PSU is supported along its edges in a bracket that clamps down on it in a way that it has air space all around it...

The antec P180B is very quiet. The only thing that sticks out (noise wise) is the PSU, so get a quiet one!

The zalman PSU's are quiet, but I dunno about their quality. PC P&C silencers are quiet, relatively speaking, but are very powerful and reliable. Dont ever get a fanless PSU, no matter how tempted you are.

thxs for your advice guys and as soon as i get my new bank account up and running ill place an order for one another quick question when i transfer the parts out of my old case should i take off the CPU heatsink ?

Back