• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New coin heads-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone mining execoin? According to profitability charts it looks to be pretty decent. Traded at poloniex

It's a good idea...same here ;) (on amd at least)

Just got a 12hs rental, 0.0275 btc with 4100kh/s. Not bad!

How does that even work?
You give them an ssh connection so they set it up??

Or they send you the pool & worker info and you mine for them??

How does that even work?
You give them an ssh connection so they set it up??

Or they send you the pool & worker info and you mine for them??

https://www.betarigs.com/faq

Rig renter - Basics
How does it work?
You choose your rig, the duration of the rent.
You pay to the specified BTC address.
You specify which pool you want to mine.
You wait for the BTC payment to be confirmed 1 time.
And your rig start mining!

yeah ive heard that complaint, that its very biased towards the renter. that they can just give you bad feedback and short you on the rent.

i could make my stuff more stable, but at a significant hashrate hit. meh

yeah ive heard that complaint, that its very biased towards the renter. that they can just give you bad feedback and short you on the rent.

That's a good point, and something to watch out for.
Though for someone like Ivan, all he has to do is provide logs of the rig proving that it was never down and 100% stable.

Lol, my rig is too small to rent out anyway :p + I game whil I mine, not sure of the renter wants that. ;)

does the rig have to be 100% stable?
what if your stability depends on cgwatcher to keep it running?
do you get paid upfront?

Good 'ol apache2 :D

What if they leave bad feedback? You have to pay them back? or they pay you less? :shrug:

I can compensate with extra time, so far people are nice to me lol
No complaints.

No hash hit here...just some bios tweaking to do.

or that they point you to a high reject multipool (like clever mining), then blame the high rejects on your rig and not the pool

I'd tell them to deal with it.

Reject % of 10% or less is usually but no always unheard of with my internetz :p
Actually, mining VTC give a very very low reject rate. Just yesterday I saw 48%+ yes, 48%+ rejects mining that Myraid coin.
I guess it also depends on how fast the block time is.

then youre not pushing it hard enough ;). ive done plenty of bios tweaking myself.

for every 100% stable setting, you can ALWAYS go at least a little further if youre willing to sacrifice stability. ill take the extra 100KH to and deal with cgminer restarting every few hours lol.

I'd tell them to deal with it.

Reject % of 10% or less is usually but no always unheard of with my internetz :p
Actually, mining VTC give a very very low reject rate. Just yesterday I saw 48%+ yes, 48%+ rejects mining that Myraid coin.
I guess it also depends on how fast the block time is.

thats what i mean, they will say its your rig causing the rejects. just what ive seen reported on BTCtalk

Let us know how it goes Ivan, definitely considering trying it out if it goes smoothly.

Back