• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New coin heads-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's perfectly fine...worth the extra effort (not too bad really, just add a main pool and use your pools as failover, it'll switch to the betarigs pool/proxy/redirect loop thingy once your rig gets rented)

It's perfectly fine...worth the extra effort (not too bad really, just add a main pool and use your pools as failover, it'll switch to the betarigs pool/proxy/redirect loop thingy once your rig gets rented)

yeah, smoooth. already had like 17 rentals, pretty nice, just hard to find a profitable coin for keccak to mine while waiting for rentals.

Any suggestions on how to make your rigs more attractive? I've got a 2x 280X rig up for Scrypt-N for about 4 hours now at the lowest price and no takers.

Any suggestions on how to make your rigs more attractive? I've got a 2x 280X rig up for Scrypt-N for about 4 hours now at the lowest price and no takers.

Hey I found it :D

I think ppl want keccak rigs right now. Not sure :-/

I can be patient...plus, it runs great on the amd farm I manage, and I'm limited to a 32bit os for now (gotta install the new PiMP distro this week). Keccak would leave me with not so good maxcoins, and waiting for rentals.

I was looking at that coin when you posted about the gpu-miner, the profitability doesn't look to be there, is it?

Not a new coin, but just a found a block using two r9 280x gaming cards...yeah, primecoin.

2pRhDNu.jpg

(private beta for a new gpu miner, that actually works...took me 18hs)

:cry:

This will make the diff rise.....

College computers don't have OpenCL... So CPU mining XPM is the only option.
*sigh* "Why do all good things come to an end? Flames to dust, lovers to friends..."

Eh, don't cry and go grab some more gpus...cpu mining is not good for a coin since it introduces botnet dudes feasting on it dumping into oblivion (they don't give an f about the price, they have no power costs nor morals after all)

This will strenghten primecoin and might help make the price rise.

Edit: I theoretically have 2.4 cpd at my disposal...compare that to a cpu's cpd. 1 block in 18hs, 9.8 xpm per 18hs period. It isn't shabby at all.
0.015386 btc in 18hs with two 280x cards at 1100mhz core and an i7 3820 at stock (it uses the cpu for part of the calculations, so forget about mining farms adopting it, also it only works in windows and you need to buy a license key to be able to use it which is kinda cool).

xpm is safe guys.

Eh, don't cry and go grab some more gpus...cpu mining is not good for a coin since it introduces botnet dudes feasting on it dumping into oblivion (they don't give an f about the price, they have no power costs nor morals after all)

This will strenghten primecoin and might help make the price rise.

Edit: I theoretically have 2.4 cpd at my disposal...compare that to a cpu's cpd. 1 block in 18hs, 9.8 xpm per 18hs period. It isn't shabby at all.
0.015386 btc in 18hs with two 280x cards at 1100mhz core and an i7 3820 at stock (it uses the cpu for part of the calculations, so forget about mining farms adopting it, also it only works in windows and you need to buy a license key to be able to use it which is kinda cool).

xpm is safe guys.

LOL! I wish I could buy more GPU's!

2.4 cpd? wow! :drool:

License key? ... Wonder how much...
But you can only solo mine it no?

I haven't been able to get it running... it crashes as soon as I open it for some reason...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558414.0

Aiden's out...made by the dev behind Franko...solo mining now for giggles.

I'll hold the blocks I find till I can't find them as fast, then I'll go back to xpm.
how much did you average? found a few blocks in the last 3 hours.
also, what was the diff when you mined?(if you stopped), i want to see how much it has went up.

[/s]decided to try it out, but I'm only getting normal scrypt hash rate for my cards using sgminer. Apparently others are getting multi MH/s per card.

Code:
{
"pools" : [
	{
		"url" : "stratum+tcp://96.126.121.117:9405",
		"user" : "[address]",
		"pass" : "x"
	}
]
"intensity" : "19",
"nfactor" : "6",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "32768,32768,32768,24550",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "1025,975,1025,1025",
"gpu-memclock" : "1475,1450,1500,1475",
"gpu-fan" : "30-90",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "80",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "10",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-client-reconnect" : true
}

is my .conf[/s]

edit: nevermind. I redownloaded the 4.1.153-v2 miner and it is working just fine.

Getting about 35MH/s with my 290x box

Last edited:
I'll stay on it for the afternoon then probably back to MYR, as it has been doing well for me as long as it stays over .00000500

Myr rocks, specially skein algo...groestl might get a nice speedup soon.
Qubit is just odd but draws less power than skein.

x11 coins are not worth mining but might be a nice addition to my portfolio, specially darkcoin.

I'm mining and holding xpm, and mining and holding vertcoin. (amd rigs)
New primegpu nets me 3.1cpd with two 280x cards and an i7 3820 at 4ghz.

Back