• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cpu and mobo which one ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

livewire

ok i was an amd fan but since they are falling in the rears so fast it's time to switch...

my question is that i was thinking of getting the 3.06 533 or the
2.8 533 or 2.8 800 now what is the advantages of running @ 800mhz? right now i have my amd 1900 running highly overclocked with 4 delta 80mm fans in case, not thinking about overclocking that high any more i'm really getting into video creation lately so that's my new hobby but as an overclocker were esle to get the correct info but at home :D .....

also i know with amd abit is the motherboard to go with what about with intel?

this is my current system

amd xp1900 running @ 2ghz
ati radeon 9700 video
soundeblast live sound card
2 maxtor 80g on raid stripping
2 maxtor 100g on primary and secondary slave
pioneer a05 dvd-r burner prim master
liteon 48x cd burner sec master
pc2100 micron 512 mb 1 stick
realtek nick card

i know that i'm gonna need more memory was thinking going pc3700 but not that sure since intel is all new to me thanks in advance ....... and the money i plan at least $500-$600 just for mobo and cpu....

Here's what I'd recommend... Abit IC7, 2.6C, and two good sticks PC3500 RAM. If you have good cooling and a good PS, then you'll be good for 3.3 to 3.5 gig. Using the 5:4 mem ratio will give you DDR406 to DDR433. That setup will rock your world. You won't believe the memory bandwidth you'll have.

Definately go with a 2.4c or 2.6c, and asus P4C800 dlx or abit IC7. good memory will make all the difference.

Please, let's not start an AMD vs. Intel debate. AMD is still a great bargain for those on a super tight budget. But for brute performance, it's tough to beat the new Canterwood and "C" P-4 combos.

Yeah...what Batboy said :p

I just upgraded from a AMD XP1700, 512 Mb DDR2100, Soyo K7vdragon + to a IC7, 512 Mb GeIL DDR3200, and a 2.4 b (I know should have waited for a C )a and WOW!

And I havent even started OC'ing yet :)

Claude

the canterwood i presume is the 800mhz front bus speed chip also what brand of memory runs goot with the p4 i have micron will the same brand work as well i know with my amd certain brands really sucked

Back