• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NEw to Overclockers.com, so hello and thank you.

About to do my first water cooled... maybe I can get my i7 9700k past 5 GHz.

I did post a question in the new-builds section about :
is the asus strix z490 itx motherboard compatible with the barrow (Ltprk-04) pump/cpu block/reservoir combo unit?
AS in does it physically fit without mashing vrms or something else not acceptable?
Thanks for any replies!

Hello!
My name is Jamie.
Have had a computer for years :)
Started with a 286, later several 386, multiple P4, a few X64+ series, and now an i5 10600k.

OC was relatively simple for me before. I hardly had any high demands and did everything through the bios and Windows did not interfere with anything.

Now it's different... Bios has become very extensive... but most of all, Windows stops my OC. So... now I have new questions :)

Greetings!

Hi, just wanted to drop by and say 'Hello'. Just upgraded after a few years to a 3790X set up with a mild overclock of 4.3mhz on all cores. That's how I found my way here really after a bit off googling.

Anyway, enough rambling, hope you're all having a good New Year considering the lockdown :-/

See you around :)

Not entirely too sure what to say here for an introduction. I used to be a member here many years ago, close to a decade ago, but I was unable to retrieve my old account info, so I made a new one lol

I really enthusiastic about overclocking and I'm planning to build a new, possibly water cooled rig that will be just a fu****ng beast For gaming. Anyways I am glad to be back. I have a lot of catching up to do with the new hardware these days lol

Welcome back karrotx. If you can remember some of your old account info a mod or admin might be able to merge you back into your old account.

:welcome:

Hi All
Like many I guess, I came here to learn how to overclock my PC.

Firstly I would just like to say Hi everyone from sunny Gran Canaria. I'm British living in Spain and I'm in to component level electronic repair and retro gaming

Richard

Hello all, greeting from Madrid! I had an account in this forum back in the 2000s but I lost it :( so I have this new one.

Regards!
Ramon.

I thought I had an account on here in like 2008 but my username appears to be available so here we go again...

Back in 2008 I was tasked to build a kickass computer for my wife. She wanted the best of the best of the best so X58 it was. Held up nice for 12 years and went through a few video cards (HD4870-HD4890-HD6870-R9 270X), two power supplies (TX850, CX750, now CX750M), and a number of SSD's. I thought the Sabertooth/i7-950 combo had failed but it turns out it was just a cooked video card. Now it's running again with an MSI X58 Platinum, i7-940, stock Intel cooler, GT1030 2GB and a new case and fans and she's happy with it but I want more power. Thinking of building myself a system with the Sabertooth, an X5675 6-core Xeon, and a GTX 970 if I can get one cheap enough.

But what I'm here for is to find out which, if any, of the BIOS updates for the MSI board can run a Westmere Xeon. That or if I have to use a modded BIOS. I don't know, so that's why I'm here. Would like to use an X56xx CPU in that as well. X5670 and X5675 are like $22 each on eBay right now so it'd be a cheap upgrade to go 6 cores on the cheap. But if I have to use an i7-970 in the MSI board I'll spend the $60ish they seem to fetch and use an X5660 or whatever ($12-15 or so) in the ASUS board since I'm pretty confident that'll work fine.

Hoping there's options for the 6-core Xeon in the MSI board where it's not officially supported. It'll save me enough to use 5675's in both systems and get good air coolers for both. Already have one Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 ready to go and will probably do a Hyper 212 for the other since they're still cheap new.

Hello all,

Not exactly new here, but it has been a long, long time since I've been on here. So long, in fact, (last on maybe 2002 or 3) that I don't even remember what email I used when I initially joined up with to reset my password. So, I just created a new user on here.

I got out of the gaming and pc building after getting burned out on tech between my job, and friends. Getting ready to build my first computer in nearly a decade.. Man technology has come a long way..

Anyway, looking forward to getting back in the swing of things here. Have a great day/night, whatever you are having..

Back