• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg needs to HURRY UP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

I paid to have my card overnight (placed order early Saturday morning), and I go and look at their site, and it still says,

"Package data transmitted to FedEx "

What in the world? Of course, this is my 7900gtx which I am eagerly waiting for. My card is in Tennessee, which is ONE state away from me. Why in the world would I pay for overnight/next day delivery if it's still just sitting somewhere in the "hills of Tenn." :mad:

. . .oh, and it's been saying that since 5:41am

I'm going to be so mad if it gets here as "fast" as it does when I do 3-5 day shipping. Maybe they'll give me my money back for shipping or something :cry:

Saturday doesn't count as a day of the week for Fed-Ex unless you pay for the service. So if you ordered on a Saturday, today is when the order would be shipped and you should have it tomorrow.

Sucka said:
Saturday doesn't count as a day of the week for Fed-Ex unless you pay for the service. So if you ordered on a Saturday, today is when the order would be shipped and you should have it tomorrow.
Yep. I find that 3-day UPS is overnight for me in most cases. For instance, I put through two orders on Newegg yesterday (2 gigs of G. Skill RAM and a DVD drive I forgot to order with the RAM) and they were packaged yesterday, shipped today, and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. That = overnight.

Spoudazo said:
I paid to have my card overnight (placed order early Saturday morning)
Newegg closes at 5 PM Friday. After that, they won't ship any more orders until Monday morning. In other words, you should've received the card today.

Edit: I actually thought about what you said, and I realized "Oh, overnight..." So it won't come until tomorrow morning...

you'll get it tomarrow before noon

btw this belongs in the vendor section

Sorry, didn't know where to put it. Mods feel free to move it :)

I order from UPS usually, but the UPS guy never gets here before 3:30pm it seems (they changed the route so now the hub my stuff comes from is 45 minutes from my house).

I used to work at UPS so I know "the system," I guess I should have stayed with brown (UPS). Why oh why did I forsake Brown :cry: BTW, UPS does air stuff on Saturdays.

Spoudazo said:
Why oh why did I forsake Brown :cry: BTW, UPS does air stuff on Saturdays.
Because UPS can be pronouced "Oops" and they apparently use a giant catapult to air stuff... I like my UPS guy, and my stuff does get here quickly, but it nearly always arrives beat up. Fedex on the other hand seems to take care of their packages in my experience, but they let stuff sit in their sort facility forever! My Fedex guy also tends to run over things in our driveway too... He backed into our downspout & ran over my neighbor's ~16ft tall tree so far! He completly backed the **** over it!

Hey Spoudazo,

As mentioned by "Soichiro," we do not ship orders on the weekends. Our warehouses are still busy fulfilling orders and preparing them for shipment; however, they will not ship until the following business day (Monday). Although we ship about 90% of order on the same day that they are placed, we do have a 1-2 business day processing time for all orders placed on our website.

The shipping options overnight, 2nd day, 3 day select will only apply once the order has shipped. Please feel free to PM us with your Sales Order number (SO#) if your package does not arrive on the scheduled delivery date projected on UPS/FedEx.com. We will be more than happy to provide our assistance.

Well, I was mistaken, I was thinking it wasn't going to get here until Wednesday, but it's on the FedEx truck. Thanks for the kind reply :santa:

Newegg Support said:
Hey Spoudazo,

As mentioned by "Soichiro," we do not ship orders on the weekends. Our warehouses are still busy fulfilling orders and preparing them for shipment; however, they will not ship until the following business day (Monday). Although we ship about 90% of order on the same day that they are placed, we do have a 1-2 business day processing time for all orders placed on our website.

The shipping options overnight, 2nd day, 3 day select will only apply once the order has shipped. Please feel free to PM us with your Sales Order number (SO#) if your package does not arrive on the scheduled delivery date projected on UPS/FedEx.com. We will be more than happy to provide our assistance.
Wow! That's great support!

BTW, my 2gb of G.Skill and DVD drive both arrived today. Thanks!

Cyrix_2k said:
Wow! That's great support!
Indeed. And I got my Zalman VF900 yesterday (it's working great btw, I even wrote a review on it and submitted it to the front page). Usually Newegg has (relatively) high prices on cooling items, but for this Zalman they had the lowest price I could find anywhere. :D Great job by the egg!

I don't like fedex, ill place an order with newegg, and it seems boxed and whatnot by the next time I check, nice and quicklike. However fedex will put the box on the truck and run through town with my box but take it back to wherever with the excuse "not due for delivery". I assume its just because I didn't pay extra for the faster shipping. Its never a big deal, the package still ends up at my house within a few days, it just buggs me that they put the box on the truck and say its going off, but dont actually deliver

On the flip side, I've actually had them deliver something early when I specifically requested it be delivered on a specific date. My wife's new monitor was supposed to be delivered on a Saturday that she was to be out of town. They delivered it Friday afternoon and the surprise was completely ruined. Isolated incident, I know, but still.

ah, i remember the good ol days where with zippy newegg express saver
order friday nite
get it monday afternoon :D

Back