• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[News] OCZ bringing out new / affordable SSDs, yet again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wish they had a 16gb drive for $120 or so. Any word on if they are going to do that or are they going to just keep making larger drives to keep prices high?

Just want it for windows, programs, and pagefile. Games and storage on everything else. Even just having the pagefile on there should help some larger games.

Cheers for that... Those P200's look pretty awesome, and right down to 16Gb! Four of those in a Raid0 array and I would just about be set for several years me thinks.

core ssd at newegg

newegg just hacked up an email suggesting that they have stock on the 64G core ssd now. Who wants to jump into the deep end and tell the rest of us chickens how the water is?

newegg just hacked up an email suggesting that they have stock on the 64G core ssd now. Who wants to jump into the deep end and tell the rest of us chickens how the water is?

Ok, I'm jumping in the water :cool:

But it will take more than a month for all my parts arrive from the globe to Brazil :(

Setled for an OCZ 64gb for the OS an a wd SE16 640GB dual plated for "my documents"

Tpower I45 , the world's oc recordist as MOBO...

4gb G.skill 1066 DDR2 to guarantee my FSB with low cost...

The crucials, i think they are in development with INTEl and are fro q1 09, some one told me...

Will now take a look at videocards...

Placed my order

128GB OCZ drive
Vista 64 Premium
Q9300
Asus P5Q Deluxe
2x 2GB Corsair dominator 1066
yet another 1TB drive. (this will make number 4)

Yeah! Come on people! let's jump in the cold water togheter!!!! Maybe we can heat the water :clap:

So maybe we should start posting here some recommendations about correct installing and using the ssd's... They are not just exactly as a normal HD...

I want 3 of those micron 32gb models in raid 0. Holy freaking crap that would be fast and it would be the same size as my system partition now. Of course then I'll just end up waiting for the internet to catch up with my hard drives :(

I want 3 of those micron 32gb models in raid 0. Holy freaking crap that would be fast and it would be the same size as my system partition now. Of course then I'll just end up waiting for the internet to catch up with my hard drives :(

I can't remember where i seen a review, someone posted a link somewhere here... Just google for ssd + raid and you will find it... It seems to have some controller related limitations, If you plan to have many (more than 2-4) you better get a decent dedicated controller with no bandwidth limitations... I was planning to raid0 two of these but gave up after reading a review where they were not faster into booting windows, than a single ssd... So I decided not to raid them yet... Especially with the ich9 and ich10 on board controllers (they are actually very good for matrix raid common sata hd's in a cheap and fast way) As soon as prices go down they'll become a pretty standard way to go, especially fot the OS partition... In size I don't think they will catch up common HD soon...

its on pre-order.

and for a dip in the freeze over hell water I guess some heating must be done ;)
I just a sucker for new hardware and I want to experience stuff first hand, just better that way :D

just picked one up this afternoon
this look about right?

HD.jpg

doesn't feel much faster than my raptor but it's A LOT quiter

The most important is to disable AHCPI and to use the latest drivers, the windows ones does not cut it... Vista MUST be upgraded to SP1 or the performace will be cripled, disable automatic desfragmentation for the ssd!!! It´s automatic in vista...

"AHCI
AHCI is not official supported on OCZ SSDs and may under some circumstances affect performance,
specifically during windows installation. Enabling AHCI can result in higher performance in synthetic
benchmarks for SSDs and HDDs alike, but can cause hang-ups and intermittent freezes in SSDs since it
allows multiple access requests to compete for a drive that is not made to address re-ordering of
commands in the queue. We recommend AHCI is set to disabled in both Windows and in the BIOS.
Native Command Queuing greatly increases the performance of standard rotational drives but it has no
bearing on SSDs. "

Back