• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF2 Ultra Infinity Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShortCircuit2

Registered
I bought a NFII Ultra Infinity a week or two ago from Newegg because of it's supposed overclocking ability, but I can't do anything :/ Sandra has no information pointing to anything about DFI, it is all about Winbond and Nvidia, however I don't really care about this since it doesn't affect anything. CPU-Z says my BIOS is dated 11/27/2003 and that is the latest BIOS version that DFI lists on their website for my board. Enough background info, now here's my problem:

I cannot change my VCore whatsoever. I can change it in BIOs, however it will not boot after the change and I must reset the CMOS. I ran the same CPU at 1.825V on an A7N8X and my cpu temp at 1.55V is 36C so temperature is not a problem, it is purely motherboard related. I saw that there were more updated versions of the BIOS for the Lanparty versions on the DFI site, should I use these? Please help as I have a mobile cpu and a kick-*** watercooling setup that needs some serious OCing.
Thanks

Are you changing alot of settings at a time or just the vcore? If you are, try changing one at a time or changing it little by little. I have had the same problem for on my Infinity. After running the board for a while it went away.

Try using one of the newer "beta" bioses these might help. However from what you say, it could just be the board being random! Mine is unstable with any vcore over 1.7v which is a tad annoying. Try sinking the mosfets that *might* help, and get some northbridge cooling on there if you dont already.
*might* be that the board needs some vmods to get it stable though, this is unlikey, but possible....

well I flashed to the 1/31 BIOS and now have my Vcore running at 1.8V :) It started locking up and rarely even booting after that however, but I think I realized the probem (my comp is running for the longest it has as of right now so I think it worked) I had my mobo's jumper set to whatever the non-100FSB setting is, yet since I have a mobile cpu, it defaulted to 100FSB in BIOS and I think the two were clashing thereby causing EXTREME system instability. I raised it to 133 as of now and it seems to be working, hopefully I'll only have one more post of my OCing results. :) Thx for BIOS help in other thread.

Also, can anybody else confirm that the FSB situation I had would cause system instability? If not, then I didn't fix the problem and a system lock-up should be happening soon :(

I don't know if this is the same thing but I was goofing around with mine and set the FSB to 260 and it locked so I pulled off that 100mhz Fsb jumper got in the bios and booted restored defualts, than I forgot to put the jumper back on and my computer kept booting at 1100mhz so I put the jumper back on and it was happy. BUt it acted a little wierd before and of course I have got windoze installed yet but I think was the same problem.

My motherboard has the 11/27/03 bios on it and I could change V-core all the time maybe part of your bios was corrupted but thats just my thoughts on the subject.

Back