• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nf7-s bios settings question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

I recently got an nf7-s, and am wondeing about a few bios settings..
First of all here are my spec's so far..
Nf7-s
2500 mobile barton
TR slk800A w/ smartfan II
2X512 Corsair Value select, stock timings 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.7, but will boot 200fsb fine with 2.5-3-3-5 @2.6

I currently have them @ 220X6, 3-3-3-11 @2.9v, memtesting... but I can boot fine @ 230fsb as well, and seem to get around the same amount of errors in memtest as @ 200.. about 2 errors every 2-3 passes...

Running abit's 26 bios.. just to test the mobo and cpu out, cause I just got them.
Here are the questions I have for now..
I should have agp and fsb spread spectrum disabled, correct?
What about CPU thermal-throttling? Disabled as well?
I shoud be running CPU interface enabled? Even if I can get less memtest errors @ higher fsb with it disabled?

Any other settings you guys think I should take a look at?
Thanks!!!!

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
you are correct if overclocking, agp,fsb spread spectrum & thermal-throttling you should disable.... I've managed to keep my cpc on (those are the types of bios I use)..... also make sure your multi ratio is set to 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, or 6:6.... I usually always set mine to 6:6.

PCGUY112887

Is there any proof anywhere that CPC ON and OFF effects overclock? I know when CPC is ON you get much greater bandwidth... but people say you can't get as high of an FSB.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
the cpc on/off issue usually only comes into play on 512 double sided sticks of ram. supposedly you are able to get higher overclocks on the ram with the cpc off. I can't confirm this since I believe my board has me limited to 240.

kristos

HousERaT said:
also make sure your multi ratio is set to 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, or 6:6.... I usually always set mine to 6:6.
Just asking: is there something wrong with the "auto" setting? it's supposed to give 1/1 aswell...

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito
I think you will find that a bit lower fsb with CPU interface enabled will result in better bench marks than a slightly higher fsb and it disabled.

Lvcoyote

OP
Y

yo4444

The bios only has 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, and 6:6, no 1:1.... but they are all the same, correct?
Also, I do run 2X 512 double sided , so I should probably get a cpc of bios, yes?

PCGUY112887

Yes they are all the same... dunno why they have them all.

Most people say to put it on 6:6 for some big long mathmatical reason that I don't remember.... I use 6:6