• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No SLI configuration in Nvida CP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats what people have posted, yes.

If that doesnt work verify and record your driver version, go out to the mobo mfg website and download the two prior. Of course install the second to latest one first. If that doesnt work, uninstall and go 2 back.

Somehow if this works I will be very surprised. I know you guys have had this issue but it just seems so wack!

I'm almost half ready to commit to the idea that if it does work I'm going to send you a 6 pack of your favorite brew as thanks... just for being the only one to suggest it.

UPDATE...

I totally just drove home to try it... I rolled back the driver... even rebooted... still nothing in the NV CP for SLI.

Device manager shows a Marvell Yukon 88E8056 pci-e gigabyte ethernet controller by the way.. not a realtek. My driver date is like june 2006 now.

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
that's exactly what I'm going to try tonight.

damn I'm starting to worry.

By the way went to my local computer store they have no SLI bridges!!!

I was willing to entertain the idea it is my bridge... although it really cant be.

I dunno

here we go with a fresh install.

Yup SLi can run without the bridge, I had to do that when my MSI bridge turned out to be bad.

But the thing is you have to have the option in the Nvidia control panel to enable even without the bridge so I guess he can't really try that.

Weird DM reads them both but the Control Panel still does not recognise sli...
If it were me, I would test them both separetly get it running on one and then the other, then try and throw in a second with SLI. This will eliminate a bad or defective card. There still me be something wrong with your second card even though it is reading right in DM.

Funny story.. I just got my original BFG gtx 280 back from RMA about 2 weeks ago... waiting about 45 days.

SLI has been working.

Bought another one from a guy and it was in great condition... used it during my RMA.. never a problem.

maybe should never have reinstalled windows the other day!?

I'm betting that both cards are working fine. if I cant get it running though there is no point to having both cards.

I guess I'll just sell one.

This is a sad day.

You should be able to figure it out. I was extremely frustrated when I built my sig rig and could not get SLI running on it... until that is, I finally read something deep on a forum on EVGA site about the Realtek NIC drivers LOL. Reformating may take care of the issue, maybe something went wrong when Nvidia Control Panel was installed.

Realtek drivers have cause similar issues for years. I remember back in the PIII days when onboard audio and NIC where getting to be the norm we would have hdd issues and video issues etc. and we would have to move cards around and change IRQ (I think that's what they are called) channels to keep things working properly. Also, if you have already tried overclocking, you may want to go back to stock settings until problems are figured out.

Back