• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuffer

Just read the article "Back Door CPU Cooling: Iwill KK266" by Joe Citarella. In it, Joe states that thermal grease on the greenie is a big NO-NO. Can some one elaborate on this, why is it a problem?

I've been running a BX6R2 with a lapped and thermally greased greenie for about four months now. Do I need to remove the grease?

I think you misread it... he said there was no thermal grease and THAT was the NO NO. In other words thermal grease there is a good thing.

-=mac=-

hmm, I put a blue orb on mine with thermal tape. No other way to attach it. Working well though.

Mac, your right of course. In my haste I saw:

"(BTW: *Put* NO thermal grease on the greenie over this chip - *This is* a REAL NO NO!)."

But if I had used the context of the article and a little common sense I would have seen:

(BTW: *There was* NO thermal grease on the greenie over this chip - *This is* a REAL NO NO!).

So much for composing a lucid, well thought out question for my first post to the forum!!!

Back