• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not enogh FAN power sockets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paronaram

Hello Everybody,

I need some help with my new rig.
I do love Asus ROG line, but man what happen to ASUS on Maximus VIII Impact?
This board not only has no USB 2.0 (pin output) it has only 2 Fan sockets (on the board)
Well I found external board that Asus included and was able to connect 3 more fans, but that's about it
I have 2 Corsair LL120 and 4 LL140 plus H100i on CPU

What is the best way to power up 2 more fans?
I do have enough RGB control from Corsair hub.

Also any advice on small cable management just to keep CPU cooling "in place".

Here is the list of hardware:
Crystal Series 280X - awesome case!
Intel Core i5 6600K
Asus Maximus VIII Impact Z170
EVGA GTX1070
Corsair PSU MX850i
LL120 and LL140 - RGB fans with controller
H100i CPU cooling

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Aram

It is a mini itx board so I am not surprised it doesn’t have lots of fan headers or usb 2.0 connectors.

Your best bet is to buy some splitter cables for the fans so you can control the speed. Or if you are not bothered about controlling them too much you could get a fan hub which is powered by a molex connector. Both are relatively cheap options.

Thank you, for reply.
Something like this to split the cable: http://a.co/j4caJcF

Wile I was analyzing my build, I also realized that I need internal USB ports for Corsair RGB effects, CPU cooler RGB+data readings, and PSU
All I have is 20pin USB 3.0, I did some research and I found 20pin splutters + accessory's, are they work?
When you open USB hub you can see it's not just dumb wire split, it has electronic circuits with microchips etc..

I ordered 5 port USB 3.0 hub that is small enough to go inside my PC case, all I need is standard USB 3.0 female connector

Thanks
Aram

Back