• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nv4_disp error even with latest driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rob3rtz

hi i got gforce 2 pro.. and i got nv4_disp error with windows xp pro. first i think my video card is broken.. just buy ti4200 and still got the same problem..

and now.. i don't know what i'm doing but today when i try prime85 my comp has hardware failure detected in 30 second (don't know which one).
last night it still work fine.

what should i do..
right now i put the hardware acceleration in the middle..
hope that it help me..

need help.. or do u think i should try ATI?

oh yeah..
if u need my configuration..

xp333 non raid with xp 1900 180*9.5
2*256 pc 2700 kingmax
gforce2 pro (don't remember which brand)

the new gforce4 ti4200 is from pny

:mad: dude I had the exact same problem you have ....lets see if I got this straight ....you're trucking along and all of a sudden you get a lock-up ....I mean the cursor goes away and the system does not respond there is NO disk activity and your only response can be the RESET button ...you try some different settings on the card or the BIOS ...it seems to help but within 5 minutes you get the lockup...if this is right then what I found is jettsoning the nvida graphics card and going to the ATI card was the only way to fix ....I tried EVERYTHING ...every PATCH possible ...EVERY switch possible before I finally gave up and got an ATI 8500DV card which absolutely fixed the problem ...I kept getting the INFINITE LOOP error pointing to the Nvd.dsp ...with that said I may have a UNIQUE problem with my AMD 1900 + ABIT RAID + 1GB RAM + XP Professional I don't know but thats what it took to finall fix the problem ...hope this helps!!

Probably not broken. Sounds to me as if your overclock is unstable. Try turning down the fsb and see if that happens. Your HDD maybe corrupting the file or something. Your ram maybe the problem too.

Try memtest86

i don't think it beacuse of my cpu or memory..

already tried default setup ..133*12 for my xp1900
and 166 for my pc2700

but still no luck..

and the sympthom is exactly as nighthawk51j said..
going to try ATI..

but i just curios... my comp was fine before.. until about 3/4 day ago .. i don't know what i'm doing..
but start to crash and blue screen.. and getting worse..

is my monitor is possible for this error? or my power suply..
i monitor my power suply and get in 12 volt graph.. my power only give 11 volt. is this may cause error?..

also sometimes after windows gives blue screen.. my screen is weird.. color mode on dos..(not just black and white..sometimes all green).. but after turn off all the comp and turn on again it works fine

Back