• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Tempest modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

So I finally cot the lasto component for my SB build today. A bracket!! Exciting huh? And I promised Earthdog I'd make a build thread just for him. :p

IMAG0118.jpg
Here we are all broken down.

IMAG0122.jpg
Just for this :p

IMAG0119.jpg
Measurements for a CPU back plate cut out.

IMAG0120.jpg
Fast-foward about 15 minutes and we have a nice new hole sans directions for Flex ATX boards. Do they even make them still?
Also I was planing on making cut outs for a few extra things and paint the interior of the case but i ran into an issue for the cpu power cut out and figured itd be better if i did it after I buy a rivet gun so I can do it right.

IMAG0127.jpg
Bracket installed :)

IMAG0124.jpg
IMAG0125.jpg
I thought these looked pretty, readyfor new thermal paste.

IMAG0109.jpg
On his way in

IMAG0129.jpg
All Wired up and ready to go :)

IMAG0131.jpg
IMAG0132.jpg
And there we have it. After I get a rivet gun Im going to do another break down and paint the cage and install the NZXT led rope I won here at Overclockers.

Thanks for looking guys!

Looks good :) Am a big personal fan of NZXT products. That cutout will save you lots of time when doing upgrades.

I have a NZXT alpha which has the same side fan design as yours. I though large heatsinks like that didnt fit without removing the side fan...

Thanks a bunch guys. Its very much a measure twice, cut once sort of project. Although I still dont know how im going to get the cpu power hole cut.

Back