• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Asus V7700 Pure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cory-Athlon Man

Registered
I have run it at 200/405 and on down and it seems to run fine at the higher mem clocks for a while......say for 2 to 3 timedemos. Then I go to lower settings and it runs unstable. Then I let it cool down a bit and clock it back up. Run a few more Q3 timedemos, and the low settings score higher than the O/C ones. WTF is up with this? My personal guess is that the mem is just getting too hot after the first O/C and is still hot after it is set back down to run stable. Please let me know what you think. Peace. :)

You are on the threshold of video failure at 405. I ran a lot of bechmarks with Q3A and found that as I approached the upper limit, prior to lockup, the FPS would drop quite a bit, but when I dropped the clock speed back 10 Mhz or so the FPS would jump back up. I also lapped my stock HSF and GPU, neither of which were flat by any means. I recently replaced the stock HSF with a Blue Orb (lapped of course).

Back