• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC]FoldingNinjas go ORANGE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wedo said:
/me Leaps through the front door of the Ninja's pagoda and high fives everyone while running a circle around the room on the wall ala Matrix style. Then, after doing a seriers of back hand-springs and flips, flys out of the window landing ala Jet Li sliding on wet asphalt landing from that last movie with DMX. Then with one mighty leap, a jump (ala Crouching Folder Hidden Wedo) over the building and out of the court yard.

:D

you try too hard! just borg!

I am happy to reveal the ninja that has been helping us out tons with out rapid production... he's my Stealth Ninja Puppy... scoobiedoo!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

esau said:
hmmmmm........should esau join the folding ninjas?

at least an extra 1k ppw is what it comes down to.
which would bring the folding ninjas within striking distance of teamDFA (as far as production is concerned).

.....choices......choices......:confused:

Well of course you should!

Originally posted by
OC-overkill

Why not join TeamDFA and help us get RED? We'd appreciate any help from you

Your proposal is unaceptible. Am I missing somting or is TeamDFA kinda just some Arbitrary acronym that isn't nearly as cool as [OC]FoldingNinjas (Isn't the name just U83R |337? I made it up when we voted=P )?

CrashOveride said:

esau, you could join Cjwinnit as an Offical math ninja (his sig):D

We are the official Maths Ninjas ;)

Edit: Oh, you mean get him folding for [OC]FoldingNinjas. Doh! :D

How much have the ninjas added to their production that wasn't a part of Team 32 already? It seems the concentration is on getting current 32 members to switch names.

FoldingNinjas just showed up on my threats list. Estimated date I get passed, Jul 6, 2003 09:00 AM. I MUST FIND MORE RIGS!

Axle

OcNoob,

I have added more machines to my farm to which i have converted to the ninjas, I think there laid back attitude is a good reason to join. They are looking at this as fun!!!!

My reason's for joining up with them is just that fact. I want to have fun with this not think of it as a chore, or a competition.

Remember, those wu's that are turned in are doing more good than bad, so any little help is help.

As far as team dfa trying to convert new folders to fold for them, good for you but remember i still have more power to come.

I've been at the top for so long i think it's time that i headed down to the bottom and see if i could boost a team or user up to near top status.

As far as recruiments go, the teams edging others on to add more rigs i think speaks for itself, so what if a few oc members change names, those ahead of the ninjas may add one or two more rigs, isn't that like recruiting too.

In the end we all are losers, the only winners are the ones who we help with such diseases.

my 2 cents.

scoob

OCn00b said:
How much have the ninjas added to their production that wasn't a part of Team 32 already? It seems the concentration is on getting current 32 members to switch names.

I have borged several computers since wedo's competition as well as helping the rest of the ninjas recruit new folders. Fellow ninjas have been borging more rigs.

I think you guys should practice better sportsmanship because in the end, this is to help team 32. You know this yes, but you guys shouldn't put down fellow subteams that are going towards the same thing.

Also, recruiting on our own threads is not cool. We do not go into yours and do this. I have seen our ninjas support you guys, as well as I.

Rivalry is normal and we are amongst friends. I would like to keep it this way. I've kept my mouth shut at what I felt but I think this last remark made me go over the edge. If I sound angry, I apologize but I think that some other team members forget what good sportsmanship is.

axlecrusher said:
FoldingNinjas just showed up on my threats list. Estimated date I get passed, Jul 6, 2003 09:00 AM. I MUST FIND MORE RIGS!

Axle

Good luck! We'll put up the best fight we can!! :)

I'm not saying that members switching names is a bad thing. All I'm saying is why spend so much effort trying to get current members to switch when there are so many computers out there that aren't folding at all that our attention could be aimed at recruiting. And as far as sportsmanship is concerned, I don't see where anybody has displayed bad sportsmanship, which you seem to, nerdlogic. Sorry if any of us have given you the wrong idea but if it's interpreted as bad sportsmanship, then I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

scoobiedoo said:
OcNoob,

I have added more machines to my farm to which i have converted to the ninjas, I think there laid back attitude is a good reason to join. They are looking at this as fun!!!!

My reason's for joining up with them is just that fact. I want to have fun with this not think of it as a chore, or a competition.

Remember, those wu's that are turned in are doing more good than bad, so any little help is help.

As far as team dfa trying to convert new folders to fold for them, good for you but remember i still have more power to come.

I've been at the top for so long i think it's time that i headed down to the bottom and see if i could boost a team or user up to near top status.

As far as recruiments go, the teams edging others on to add more rigs i think speaks for itself, so what if a few oc members change names, those ahead of the ninjas may add one or two more rigs, isn't that like recruiting too.

In the end we all are losers, the only winners are the ones who we help with such diseases.

my 2 cents.

scoob

Actually we are all winners for helping out however we can. We really didnt see the Ninjas as competition since we are all folding for Team 32. The first mentioning of this so-called competitionis from the laid-back attitude ninjas. I dont know if we recruited any 32 members to our team that is not in our gaming clan. But so far, I have 8-P4 2.4GHz, 1-P4 3.2GHz, 1-P4M 1.7GHz folding 24/7. The other members have atleast 2 comps each. Anyways, we're not trying to step on peeps toes and we definitely dont compete seriously with any other subteams of 32. Our goal is to help out 32 as much as we can. I dont think we ever "target" or even mentioning "going after" any subteams first. We just respond to any friendly competition, thats all. Just a thought......

It's okay. I still like you guys. :) I just got confused and felt we were attacked. I apologize for my assumptions and such. I just prefer to not have any disputes just like you do.

No hard feelings?

hey, its all for the greater good guys, doesn't matter if the recruits are in team 32 or not, it still helps out IMO. No hard feelings here.

I think it encourages newer people to keep folding if they are in a sub-team doing well, rather than on their own not going anywhere. Having a few sub-teams will keep competition up :)

I've ribbed TeamDFA a bit, but like them, I don't believe I ever took it to seriously. I would jab at anyone that is close to our production to try to prod them into producing more. Besides, thinking of it as a competition pushed me to add a couple of computers that don't fold much, but they do contribute to the project and the overall standing of [OC]FoldingNinjas.

The 'competition' between DFA and the Ninjas I think is a good thing. Its a friendly competition. If the Ninjas come to equal teamDFAs production, I am sure they will borg more rigs to keep up ahead. And what do you think the people in the top 50 with 1,500 to 3,000 ppw are thinking? A lot of them will be ramping up to keep away from our subteams ;).

The only way we lose is if we reduce the ppw of the team. We are adding rigs (I will be adding an XP1700+ @ Whatever OC at some point soon hopefully - my dad wants a new PC) as well as perhaps consolidating existing production. Many people, including myself feel proud to be part of a subteam that is rampaging up the stats with over 2500ppw. It keeps people interested, rather than perhaps them just folding along with 200 ppw or whatever they have.

You guys have done well - 4,300ppw is not easy to achieve. And it is going to motivate us to borg more. :D

I have word from a friend that a college may soon be folding for team 32..... at least 20 1GHz P3s. Gromacs.....mmmmmmm.....:p

Those 20 cpu's will help out tremendously David. I know the question I asked about new rigs could be taken as negative but the reason I asked is because no matter who is outfolding who within the team, our goal is to get back to first place and to do that we need new power :)

btw, as of the last update we were 4549.84 ppw :D

Well, Ninjas of all sorts it seems as if the next project will be completed shortly,

chalk up a 1.2 duron for you guys 24/7

scoobs

Back