• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC-ing E4500 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tizzix

Hi there everyone,

I know that this thread may be opened a few times already but i seriously need help with this overclocking stuffs.
Im new to OC and i have read many guides from many different websites..i just don't really get it...

First of all my specs
Win7 x64 Home Premium
Intel C2D E4500 @ 2.2Ghz (Conroe)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
2x 2GB Corsair Gaming 800MHz RAM 5-5-5-18
Gainward HD4850
Xigmatek Red Scorpion (S1283) CPU cooler
Xigmatek NRP-MC751 (750w)
250GB HDD

There are questions i would like to ask first..
1) I have selected a Vcore within BIOS for example 1.32500v (Default for E4500) *correct me if im wrong thx
However when i boot into windows (without any OC) and load up CPU-Z..it says 1.2-1.28v ..i have no idea why is it like that..

2) Most of the OC guides have this RAM ratio thing and most of them said that 1:1 ratio is the best..but i have no idea how to reach it..

3) with the current settings below..i cnt boot into windows..it just loads til the windows logo and then restart itself..what is the problem of it ? i have tried to increase the Vcore to 1.38v and its still the same...

For now what i did in BIOS is that
MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
Robust Graphics Booster - auto
CPU Clock Ratio - 9X
CPU Frequency - 3.00GHz (333* 9)

Clock Chip Control
CPU Host Clock Control -Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) - 333
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) - 100
C.I.A.2 Disable

Advanced Clock Control ------- [Press Enter]
CPU Clock Drive -700 (default)
PCI Express Clock Drive - 700 (default)
CPU Clock Skew (ps) 0
MCH Clock Skew (ps) 0

DRAM Performance Control
Performance Enhance - Standard
(G)MCH Frequency Latch - 333
System Memory Multiplier - 2.00B
Memory Frequency (Mhz) 800 (ori) 667(current)
DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

Standard Timing Control
CAS Latency Time -------- 5 ---------- : [Auto]
tRCD ------------------- 5---------- : [Auto]
tRP --------------------- 5 ---------- : [Auto]
tRAS ------------------- 18 ---------- : [Auto]

Motherboard Voltage Control
CPU
Voltage Types------------ Normal -------- Current -----
Load-Line Calibration - disable
CPU Vcore 1.325000 v 1.325000v
DRAM Voltage 1.800v auto

help is really appreciated :)

Give it some time. I wish I could help but I dont have any experience with C2D.

Also, CPUZ wont always show vcore the same as what you set it to in bios. Droop comes into play. You could enable load line calibration as that will help get you closer to bios vcore once in windows.

Might be some relevant info in this thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655565&highlight=e4500

erm..judging from your experience from other processors....roughly what could possibly wrong or what should i add in?

Try raising your CPU clock ratio/multiplier to 11x while at the same time setting your CPU Host Frequency to 272MHz, and then set CPU voltage to say 1.34V (only if necessary, try default setting first), while keeping your memory at or below its rated speeds if possible (that should lessen the chances of memory being a stability factor).

If your E4500 performs anything like my E4400 it should be able to reach 3GHz at stock voltages fairly easily (I'm guessing by the info in your original post that this is your intended target speed), it just might not like such a high FSB (per your specs of 333MHz) with standard voltages.

Hi there everyone,
There are questions i would like to ask first..
1) I have selected a Vcore within BIOS for example 1.32500v (Default for E4500) *correct me if im wrong thx
However when i boot into windows (without any OC) and load up CPU-Z..it says 1.2-1.28v ..i have no idea why is it like that..

2) Most of the OC guides have this RAM ratio thing and most of them said that 1:1 ratio is the best..but i have no idea how to reach it..

3) with the current settings below..i cnt boot into windows..it just loads til the windows logo and then restart itself..what is the problem of it ? i have tried to increase the Vcore to 1.38v and its still the same...
1. You're dealing with two things here, first vDrop where the voltage at idle literally drops below what it is set to in bios (on my own board I have it set to 1.28125v, but in CPUID HWMonitor it shows 1.25v) , second you have vdroop which is where the voltage tends to "droop" below the idle voltage when under heavy loads (for instance, on my board it droops from the normal 1.25v down to 1.22v).

2. Via your System Memory Multiplier. Based upon your given specs, I believe you are at 1:1 right now, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Either a. something isn't getting enough voltage to remain stable, or b. something is overheating (probably your Northbridge chipset, if anything).

Last edited:

Standard Timing Control

CPU
DRAM Voltage 1.800v auto

help is really appreciated :)

Hello! I would suggest setting the timings manually to 5-5-5-18 and the dram voltage to 1.8V if it's the default voltage for your memory. Dunno if it really helps in this case but it's still needed later on.

Try raising your CPU clock ratio/multiplier to 11x while at the same time setting your CPU Host Frequency to 272MHz, and then set CPU voltage to say 1.34V (only if necessary, try default setting first), while keeping your memory at or below its rated speeds if possible (that should lessen the chances of memory being a stability factor).

If your E4500 performs anything like my E4400 it should be able to reach 3GHz at stock voltages fairly easily (I'm guessing by the info in your original post that this is your intended target speed), it just might not like such a high FSB (per your specs of 333MHz) with standard voltages.

Hello! I would suggest setting the timings manually to 5-5-5-18 and the dram voltage to 1.8V if it's the default voltage for your memory. Dunno if it really helps in this case but it's still needed later on.

Thx for the suggestion..but unfortunately..it still have the same problem..it will automatically restart :(

Standard Timing Control

CPU
DRAM Voltage 1.800v auto

try to loosen your memory timmings, say 6-6-6-18
try set performance level to 8
tRFC to 46

or try rising the DRAM voltage to 1.9v

DRAM Performance Control

can you tell us what's the other option, on the item which I bold?

On the 333 B Latch the available DRAM multipliers are 2.00, 2.40, 3.20, and 4.00

okay, you're cool with "2.00" :D

Last edited:
Back