• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold EL PC3200 (BH-5?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mdogs444

Hey guys, for some reason, i think my old TwinMOS burned out. It eventually wouldnt boot on 1 or 2 sticks, regardless of timings, speed, or voltage. So I caved in and bought these OCZ Gold EL's - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227211. I think they are BH-5 and are warranted up to 3.0V +/- 5%. I cannot get them to boot in my system at anything over rated timings/speed. Arent these BH-5's? They will run 2-2-2-5 successfully @ DDR400, but nothing more.

Ive tried to up voltage (up to 3.4V), use a divider to push them over to DDR500 or so. Nothing works.

Help?

Mdogs444 said:
Hey guys, for some reason, i think my old TwinMOS burned out. It eventually wouldnt boot on 1 or 2 sticks, regardless of timings, speed, or voltage. So I caved in and bought these OCZ Gold EL's - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227211. I think they are BH-5 and are warranted up to 3.0V +/- 5%. I cannot get them to boot in my system at anything over rated timings/speed. Arent these BH-5's? They will run 2-2-2-5 successfully @ DDR400, but nothing more.

Ive tried to up voltage (up to 3.4V), use a divider to push them over to DDR500 or so. Nothing works.

Help?

it is suppose to be BH-5 from what i know. maybe they changed the chips though, i donno

they are still UTT bh-5

socket 754 might have problem running 2 sticks.. try just one stick and see whether it works

fldrice said:
They are Winbond BH quality ICs but the newer batches seem to have very little headroom.
I agree. They are BH-die UTT chips..... they act like BH-5 but are not the same. I have bh-die TwinMOS sticks and they overclock fine (250fsb with 2-2-2-5 timings) and they also run those timings at 200fsb and 2.8v. Just know they are not exactly the same as BH-5.

I not one hundred percent sure, But from what I was told and understand from people who had both. It's made on the same die as old BH-5 but has not been threw the test that they would do when they labled the ram BH-5, Just my info., I got when looking to buy some BH-5 type ram, that is way I bought some old BH-5 (used) Instead of the new stuff. I have some Corsair 3500 BH-5. Hope this helps!!

I have hit 262x10x4 with [email protected] @2-3-3-7 timming's ,But my 3700+ is dieing and wont even boot at 2.5ghz. And it aint the ram.Ive tried 3 differnt sets and 2 mobos and get the same results.This 3700+ is going back to AMD real soon.And 2.8v is exactly what it takes to get these to boot at 2-2-2-5-t1 because at 2.7v i get blue screens going into windows

Last edited:
babyelf said:
they are still UTT bh-5

socket 754 might have problem running 2 sticks.. try just one stick and see whether it works
/agree

I have the same RAM and it is good stuff. Mines old though, maybe the better sticks are going into the PC3500 version now.

Yup many times. Just doesn't like to boot at anything over 212MHz to the memory.......regardless of divider and voltage. Wont pass memtest at over DDR408 w/ even 3.15V 2-2-2-5. Maybe i'd need to loosen timings, or just switch back to TCCD.

Thats what im doing i just grabbed a set of OCZ PC3200 plats with TCCD off a memeber here.I cant wait to get them in my system even if my 3700+ is .dieing .But im hoping when i rma it AMD sends me a screamer

Thanks Steve, i just returned them (to local Frye's after 4 days), and ordered some Plat Rev 2's from newegg. These should turn out nice since im afraid of high voltage ram anymore. I think i toasted my TwinMOS SP's and now they wont boot, but i only gave them 3.4 volts.

I got over 7100 in in sandra05 memory bandwidth test with them At Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 265.I think this ram is very versital but also picky about timings and voltages mine do not like over 3.4v/3.5v at all .But when you find the right timings+voltage's they fly

SteveOCZ
How accurate is OCZ'S DDR Booster's read out.When it say's 3.3v im i really getting 3.3V or does it over or under volt some? I think mine Over volts a little.

Last edited:
im having the same problem! i can run 3.1v 200 2-2-2-5 10hrs stable, i try to go 230 with timings suggested by eric ryder 2-3-2-6 n fail on first pass with over 50 errors. i'm currently trying them at 240 with a 5/6 divider at 2.5-3-2-6 3.2v but $h@* man thats not even oc'd!!??

it makes no sense being able to get my 3200+ to 272htt 8hrs stable but then have my ram only clock at pc3200. might just sell them unless i can get these setting down...

gigabit said:
I got over 7100 in in sandra05 memory bandwidth test with them At Cas 2.5-3-3-7 at 265.I think this ram is very versital but also picky about timings and voltages mine do not like over 3.4v/3.5v at all .But when you find the right timings+voltage's they fly

SteveOCZ
How accurate is OCZ'S DDR Booster's read out.When it say's 3.3v im i really getting 3.3V or does it over or under volt some? I think mine Over volts a little.

The booster is calibrated before being shipped. The readout depends on how accurate your power supply's 12V rail is. If the 12V rail shifts or the -5V rail shifts it can cause the boosters readout to change. If it's showing 3.3V's then it most likely is 3.3V :)

SteveOCZ said:
The booster is calibrated before being shipped. The readout depends on how accurate your power supply's 12V rail is. If the 12V rail shifts or the -5V rail shifts it can cause the boosters readout to change. If it's showing 3.3V's then it most likely is 3.3V :)
Thanks SteveOCZ.I wqas hoping thats what you'd say.One more ? Whats the highest Voltage that is covered by the warrantty.That plus + or - 0%-5% is confusing a little.I just wanna no for sure or did i already go over it with 3.5v

gtrdude485 said:
im having the same problem! i can run 3.1v 200 2-2-2-5 10hrs stable, i try to go 230 with timings suggested by eric ryder 2-3-2-6 n fail on first pass with over 50 errors. i'm currently trying them at 240 with a 5/6 divider at 2.5-3-2-6 3.2v but $h@* man thats not even oc'd!!??

it makes no sense being able to get my 3200+ to 272htt 8hrs stable but then have my ram only clock at pc3200. might just sell them unless i can get these setting down...
You shouldn't need 3.1v @ ddr400. I thought these things were spec'd @2.8v.

Back