• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ vdimm booster and me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, I read from a reliable place (forget now) that you can expect to dish out $49.95 for this thing. I say it's worth it if we keep getting screens like this.

I assume you mean $50 USD. I live in Canada so I figure I'll have to dish out a little bit more.

ZachM said:
Nope! The easiest method involves soldering a wire between two pins on the back of the mobo. That is known to be unsafe for some boards though. The other way involves cutting a trace on the back of the mobo, and soldering wires to the trace. You connect the wires to a variable resistor. The first one I would have total confidence soldering. The second one I would be worried about cutting the trace, and getting the solder to stick to the trace.

Mrspec, that looks like a nice little doodad. Nice job on the writeup and pics.

Hmz, seems like a no-go for me then... :(

@ocz beta-testers, do you know if ocz will come with a solution for that?

GEtting soldier to stick on a trace is easy, just scrape off the non-conductive stuff over the trace and heat it up then put a little soldier on it - u can practise with some old ISA cards or some broken items...
mrspec3, u see that big black ware-house looking thing (also known as a IC chip) can u give me the numbers on that chip so i can inspect it?

THX
JF

The only thing you can do to fix the VTT problem on the Abit board is to mod it. There is no external device you can use to fix it since the VTT is the actual terminating voltage on the motherboard itself and must be 1/2 the vdimm. If Abit hadn't screwed this up so bad there would be no problem, but they did. Then they went evern further as to release the max 3 without working VTT and even give it stock vdimm that just didn't work right. Go figure :(

Hmmmmm and any info about the booster and AN7's? I've followed the development of the booster till I read the VTT problem. That's why I stopped following the events. But I might get a AN7, so is there any known compatibility issues with them?

Dammit, I want to Betatest to :drool:

Just talked to AndyOCZ, and nooo, "we test these babies in-house" :bang head

Maybe you Estonian guys's got the drop on OCZ :p

Note: T'was a joke....

I think I got the edge cuz I live so close to Macci...I get his overclocking mojo in the air that blows over from Finland (kinda smell air) ;)

Steve

Andy tested on the DFI infinity and his board blew up. I don't think he wants to test another DFI...but someone else may do it

mrspec3 said:
The list I got here says the AN7 is compatible and they tested it upto 3.4V at OCZ

I think he wanted to know if the Vtt tracked correctly on the AN7. They tested the NF7 up to 3.4v too, but the vtt still doesn't track. The high RAM voltage isn't going to get you anywhere without proper vtt.

Back