• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vertex 4's in RAID 0. (Bench scores!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well i dont praise them for that experience. But i also do not hate them anymore, which was kinda the feeling i had when my stuff wasnt working proper. But finally i do not avoid them, even by giving me such a inferior experience. All i need is some break in order to increase my trust once again, thats it. Generally i will be more critical in order to avoid such issues, but that is related to whole market and not only a single manufacturer.

Sheesh... man really that cant be true...?! I said TWO Vertex 3 MI, i didnt say Vertex 2 ... i own TWO Vertex 3 MI (i have it on my sig). Got it? :D Im hard to be understood, well i understand you pretty good, i just dont know why no one can understand me the opposite way. Have to live with, im a person able to understand but never seems to be understood.

And whats the point? TWO Vertex (3) MI are more performance for same bucks, thats the Raid 0 point.

Last edited:
You are correct, I do now see where you mentioned your two MIOPS V3's. My bad! But I dont understand you well because there is a serious language barrier. My apologies for not being able to grasp what you are saying.

Anyway, lets get back on topic please... :)

I have very similar results with mine. Using Asus Sabertooth Z77 mobo with two Vertex 4 128gig in Raid 0. Their connected to the sata 6gig/s ports. Firmware 1.5 on both. Here are my results:

as-ssd-performance.JPG

I have however seen others get much better seq writes and 4k numbers. Have you found any performance tweaks i might be missing out on??

Its more like a regular Vertex 3. Its IOPS and R/W speeds are inline with that drive (85k max R @ 4k). But I think there are some changes in the FW compared to the Vertex 3 (since they are both SF-2281 controllers) that help the ADATA ramp up quickly (I didnt test the max IOPS but its in that graph and loses to it across the board).

Also, these are not remotely near $2 /GB. They have to be in consideration for the best bang for the buck out there now at less than $1 /GB outside of the 64GB drive. They also looked at their pricing structure due the review posted here, and lowered the prices. ;)

Vertex 3 MI is still top 3 of the highest perfoming SATA 3 SSDs of all time. So it does peform better than a SX900, however, thats probably mainly because of the NAND. Both drives got a SF controller and i dont think that they decreased the performance on theyr firmware for the sake of <put reason inside>.

But the point of the previous post by Earthdog bringing up the Vertex 3 was that the MI drive is in a different class, while the regular vertex 3 and vertex 4 drives in the first post are in the same class as the SX900.

The Vertex 3 Maxiops is a higher end consumer drive, while the Adata SX900 is priced and positioned in the lower end with impressive performance.

@Ivy. Yes the Maxiops used 34nm initially like the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro. Not up to date on the MI drive but the OWC MEP 6G when they moved to 25nm used higher quality NAND to maintain the same performance levels. Performance did stay at exceptional levels.

At ED/IMOG. I was going off the paper specs which suggested synchronous (more expensive) NAND was being used in the SX900 the 256GB offers write performance of 530 MBps which is indicative of that and promises insane good 4k/8k performance usually. (Apparently it is more like Vertex3 performance not MAXIOPS though thanks for bringing it to my attention).

I just checked and the 128GB launched at $170, and the 256GB launch at $380 (not $2/GB but closer to it than $1/GB for sure and puts it squarely in MAXIOPS/OWC Mercury Extreme Pro price range. MAXIOPS is $180 and $380 respectively OWC just dropped to $380 also IIRC.

Its more like a regular Vertex 3. Its IOPS and R/W speeds are inline with that drive (85k max R @ 4k). But I think there are some changes in the FW compared to the Vertex 3 (since they are both SF-2281 controllers) that help the ADATA ramp up quickly (I didnt test the max IOPS but its in that graph and loses to it across the board).

Also, these are not remotely near $2 /GB. They have to be in consideration for the best bang for the buck out there now at less than $1 /GB outside of the 64GB drive. They also looked at their pricing structure due the review posted here, and lowered the prices. ;)

Vertex 3 MI is still top 3 of the highest perfoming SATA 3 SSDs of all time. So it does peform better than a SX900, however, thats probably mainly because of the NAND. Both drives got a SF controller and i dont think that they decreased the performance on theyr firmware for the sake of <put reason inside>.

But the point of the previous post by Earthdog bringing up the Vertex 3 was that the MI drive is in a different class, while the regular vertex 3 and vertex 4 drives in the first post are in the same class as the SX900.

The Vertex 3 Maxiops is a higher end consumer drive, while the Adata SX900 is priced and positioned in the lower end with impressive performance.

@Ivy. Yes the Maxiops used 34nm initially like the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro. Not up to date on the MI drive but the OWC MEP 6G when they moved to 25nm used higher quality NAND to maintain the same performance levels. Performance did stay at exceptional levels.

At ED/IMOG. I was going off the paper specs which suggested synchronous (more expensive) NAND was being used in the SX900 the 256GB offers write performance of 530 MBps which is indicative of that and promises insane good 4k/8k performance usually. (Apparently it is more like Vertex3 performance not MAXIOPS though thanks for bringing it to my attention).

I just checked and the 128GB launched at $170, and the 256GB launch at $380 (not $2/GB but closer to it than $1/GB for sure and puts it squarely in MAXIOPS/OWC Mercury Extreme Pro price range. MAXIOPS is $180 and $380 respectively OWC just dropped to $380 also IIRC.

I just checked and the 128GB launched at $170, and the 256GB launch at $380 (not $2/GB but closer to it than $1/GB for sure and puts it squarely in MAXIOPS/OWC Mercury Extreme Pro price range. MAXIOPS is $180 and $380 respectively OWC MEP 6G 256GB just dropped to $380 also IIRC.

I just checked and the 128GB launched at $170, and the 256GB launch at $380 (not $2/GB but closer to it than $1/GB for sure and puts it squarely in MAXIOPS/OWC Mercury Extreme Pro price range. MAXIOPS is $180 and $380 respectively OWC MEP 6G 256GB just dropped to $380 also IIRC.
Wasnt sure which of the three posts to reply too... :p

Yeah, upon release, in April, they were pricey. But that price dropped almost immediately to the $140 mark (which is fair in the market, though high) and subsequent to the review (posted 6/18) dropped to $119 making it a hell of a buy with its market segment.

Back