• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official guide to mining Foldingcoin (FLDC) for Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does having Circle now involved screw up anything....
As per recent events,
MEDIABREAKING: Peer to peer payments app Circle has acquired crypto exchange Poloniex, first reported by @ModernConsensus back on Feb. 2

Was reading the Reddit and people are just going bonkers over the fact that Goldman Sachs are somewhat involved.

I got an email this morning about it but never had a chance to read it. I'm hoping that it won't effect things much.

Does having Circle now involved screw up anything....
As per recent events,
MEDIABREAKING: Peer to peer payments app Circle has acquired crypto exchange Poloniex, first reported by @ModernConsensus back on Feb. 2

Was reading the Reddit and people are just going bonkers over the fact that Goldman Sachs are somewhat involved.

I'd much rather have a real bank involved than the "Tether USD" scam Poloniex required for actual dollar conversion before.

Well, we're due for a distribution tomorrow. Short month, but it should give an idea of how many coins and how much this is actually paying out for your setups.

I got 21K, but my test transaction seems to not being processed. Not sure why. I tried a second one.

Edit: Looks 500 was too small of a transfer. The 1000 coin one went through on the couterwallet side right away. Now I just need to see if it shows up at Poloniex before transferring the rest of it.

Last edited:
I logged in to my Counterparty Wallet again this morning and I have a balance of 0. Am I looking in the right place or did I potentially do something wrong? I know my production is only a tiny fraction of yours Torin but by my calculation I should have got around 420 FLDC.

I logged in to my Counterparty Wallet again this morning and I have a balance of 0. Am I looking in the right place or did I potentially do something wrong? I know my production is only a tiny fraction of yours Torin but by my calculation I should have got around 420 FLDC.

Did you get any last month? If so, it may be paying out largest to smallest. If not, let me take a look at your username.

Edit, took a quick look. As long as 1EbTGqY5DepB474ygYPqRsBvuzovZ1kRQy is your wallet address your setup looks fine to me. You've got the underlines and the ALL in it.

Edit the second: I'm wondering if the _ in your name is screwing up the parsing for it. If you didn't get anything last month, and nothing shows up this month, I'd try changing it to the-cultie, or some other variation.

Last edited:
Did you get any last month? If so, it may be paying out largest to smallest. If not, let me take a look at your username.

Edit, took a quick look. As long as 1EbTGqY5DepB474ygYPqRsBvuzovZ1kRQy is your wallet address your setup looks fine to me. You've got the underlines and the ALL in it.

Edit the second: I'm wondering if the _ in your name is screwing up the parsing for it. If you didn't get anything last month, and nothing shows up this month, I'd try changing it to the-cultie, or some other variation.

I only started beginning of February so this was my first month. I'll give it a couple of more days, if not I'll change my name and remove the underscore. Thanks Torin

There is a FLDC distribution calculator. Click on the "Show Stats" at top of the page to "calculate". Search the table for a wallet address without the first portion (name_ALL_) of the user name. There should be two occurrences found. The first occurrence shows the total folding points accumulated by the wallet address for the period in the last column. The second occurence is in the lower half of the table and shows the average FLDC per day in the period. Multiply the average by the number of days in the period to get the total FLDC. The date range in the link is set 2018-02-01 to 2018-03-01, which covers the month of February 2018, a period of 28 days. The date range can be edited for other periods.

Link to FLDC Calculator
http://foldingcoin.xyz/?token=FLDC&total=250000&start=2018-02-01&end=2018-03-01

The table does not show the wallet address the_culti is folding under, 1EbTGqY5DepB474ygYPqRsBvuzovZ1kRQy. Perhaps the FLDC wallet address has to be created by the counterwallet. Wonder if there is anyone using an address not created by the counterwallet and that is able to collect FLDC coin?

Each inbound FLDC transfer to my counterparty wallet has included 0.0000543 BTC. Last month, was able to transfer my FLDC to bittrex for 21 sato per byte, which worked out to 0.00005311 BTC and resulted in slight net BTC gain. If too low a fee is selected, the transaction will show "pending" for a few days, then eventually timeout and cancel. In December, my first transaction attempt timed out.

There is a minimum BTC amount required in the counterparty wallet for the transaction to proceed. The BTC is on hold during the transaction, the fee is deducted, and the balance returned to the wallet. From transaction last month, it took 0.00564338 BTC to initiate the transfer.
blocktrail bitcoin transaction: input 0.0056433800 btc, output (return) 0.00559027, fee 0.00005311 BTC, fee BTC per kb 0.00021415, size 248 bytes.

Predicting Bitcoin fees for transactions.
https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Last edited:
^ I know this question may sound stupid from someone outside looking in.

I stopped folding about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Are you saying that they now PAY YOU to fold for a cure???

^ I know this question may sound stupid from someone outside looking in.

I stopped folding about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Are you saying that they now PAY YOU to fold for a cure???

Not Stanford, but yes, you can get real cash for it. Just have to go through a few steps to get it.

Running 8 cards and getting a little over 6 million PPD got me $500 cash for February. Minus whatever winds up going to taxes when I file for next year.

As for today still nothing so I changed my name to remove the extra underscore. I looked at the list of active folders who fold FLDC and none have an extra underscore like I did so I think that was my problem.

sweet, torin.
I'll have A go.
do we still configure the slots,
client-type
advanced

max-packet-size
big

?

sweet, torin.
I'll have A go.
do we still configure the slots,
client-type
advanced

max-packet-size
big

?

Yep, set them up like you normally would, just set up the name with a wallet address. No underscores except for the ones either side of the ALL in the username.

Back