• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh WoW....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The King of the Expansions was Everquest. Wow has only had a few in the time it has been around. I think EQ is going on expansion 14 or something like that.

would agree with what's been said before. i like fps games, but i get bored with them pretty quickly (unless playing with some friends, but even then i get bored quickly).

i end up killing a -ton- of hours on WoW, and I've been playing since shortly after release. I've definitely taken multiple month breaks from it multiple times, but I keep getting drawn back in for better or worse =(. Just sticking to PvP now instead of trying to raid, it's much more laid back :)

thid - what server/faction u play on? :)

MMORPG's are intreging (i.e. WOW and Aion) but I know that they would become too addicting...

They have no end!

That's what I say about FPS's. They're all the same to me, you run around and shoot things. Can't hold my interest for 5 minutes. But like Thid said, to each their own.

Ah but the difference is I can actually do that IRL, shooting ranges are fun. Now I could just shoot REAL people, but I'd rather stay out of jail :). That's why I find FPS's fun, doing things I could do IRL in a simulation.

Now I'll play wow/mmos when I can see you use your mana to heal me when I get a rug burn on my knee :p.

But to each their own, I'm not knocking you, thid, or the players in general :p .

How about we all replace WoW with the game of LIFE. Not talking about boring life, but the game of life where we can be a doctor and have a car full of kids. Yeah.....

I wonder if they have any therapy or treatment for people addicted to MMORPG's.

Maybe they have a warlord with a battle axe who clobbers you anytime you even mention WOW or think of playing lol

I wonder if they have any therapy or treatment for people addicted to MMORPG's.

Maybe they have a warlord with a battle axe who clobbers you anytime you even mention WOW or think of playing lol
My weakness would be a Warlock following me around (is a Restoration Druid).

lol I always like how when wow is talked bad about the players always come in a "horde" (har har).

I just don't see what is THAT GOOD about the game. My ex tried to get me to play it and I just got bored so fast. "Go to point a and kill x amount of jewjewbeans to get 5xp". It's a grind to get to the top level, and when you get to the top level you spend 4-5 hours in a raid. Yes you have to spend that amount of time to get the BEST items in game, so don't give me the bs saying you can do 1 hour raids and get away with the same stuff.

Ugh, kill the game already and come out with other games that have good stories, or even more sims like SimCopter2. ANYTHING.

WoW has a lot of story to it people just don't read and only grind. 1-60 can be a boring grind if you don't know what you are doing. Before I started my break from wow I just got my 4th toon to 80 and I leveled him in places I never seen.

Raid can be broken down. My guild would run x amount each day normally lest then 2 hours unless everyone want to go on. And if you are only playing to get the best gear to be elite ext ext you are doing it wrong. WoW like most games are better with friends.

I don't really consider doing quests to be grinding. And wow has a lot of quests until you 80. That's when the grinding comes. The grinding for better gear, and the grinding for more gold. Real grinding is in games like swg that have like no quests really after the legacy chain is done. It's a lot of grinding until you hit 90.

My weakness would be a Warlock following me around (is a Restoration Druid).

If it's an unfriendly lock on a pvp server, I usually find that barkskin + pvp trinket to break fear + cyclone + travel form and flee would get me out of combat in a few seconds. NE druid can also shadowstep to get out of combat.

If you're in no fly area, go cat form and stealth + dash to put as much distance as possible, If you're in flyable area go flight form.

PS if you ever get any 310% flying mount, the swift flight form auto upgrades to 310% so a nice bonus there if that lock is still following you. Currently all non 310% flying mount are not upgraded but it may change in future expansion now that about half of the server has violet protodrake and are QQing that the purple drake is ugly.

PS if you ever get any 310% flying mount, the swift flight form auto upgrades to 310% so a nice bonus there if that lock is still following you. Currently all non 310% flying mount are not upgraded but it may change in future expansion now that about half of the server has violet protodrake and are QQing that the purple drake is ugly.
Funny you mention that, just got my [Ironbound Proto-Drake] last night ;)

lol I always like how when wow is talked bad about the players always come in a "horde" (har har).

I just don't see what is THAT GOOD about the game. My ex tried to get me to play it and I just got bored so fast. "Go to point a and kill x amount of jewjewbeans to get 5xp". It's a grind to get to the top level, and when you get to the top level you spend 4-5 hours in a raid. Yes you have to spend that amount of time to get the BEST items in game, so don't give me the bs saying you can do 1 hour raids and get away with the same stuff.

Ugh, kill the game already and come out with other games that have good stories, or even more sims like SimCopter2. ANYTHING.

^

I want to be friends with this guy

People always throw out the 11-12 million subscriber number, never fails. Of the 11-12 million subscribers, how many are still "active?"

My buddies and I are part of that number... and we ALL left WoW and are part of Aion and I gotta say I like my decision... gotta cancel my WoW accounts soon though

*sprays some troll-b-gon*

Aion is a chintzy copy of WoW.

QQ more ratbuddy... No need to compare WoW and Aion. It's retarded when ppl compare an MMO to another MMO based off of similarity ....Last I check most MMORPGs essentially utilize the same Interface and basic concept of an RPG... Can you please bring in a more intelligent comment and next time state some facts... Don't come in here and say/claim something and then have nothing else to offer... *dumps a gallon of Troll-b-gon*

QQ more ratbuddy... No need to compare WoW and Aion. It's retarded when ppl compare an MMO to another MMO based off of similarity ....Last I check most MMORPGs essentially utilize the same Interface and basic concept of an RPG... Can you please bring in a more intelligent comment and next time state some facts... Don't come in here and say/claim something and then have nothing else to offer... *dumps a gallon of Troll-b-gon*

You just came in and said "Aion > WoW" in a WoW thread and are telling ME not to compare them or make statements with 'nothing else to offer?'

:rolleyes:

You just came in and said "Aion > WoW" in a WoW thread and are telling ME not to compare them?

:rolleyes:

What am I not allowed to post my opinion on my last two played MMOs? But you come in here and actually say Aion is a rip off of WoW.. like really? rofl :screwy:. Please rage more :mad: and continue, you are humoring me. GG GF.

Back