• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh WoW....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do but my wife plays with me. It actually started as her doing it to **** me off. Then she got hooked and I had to build another pc so we could both play together. It is a balancing act with her and our three kids. Have to play when the younger two go to bed but the older one is having evening TV time. As far as grinding in Aion there is a lot of it. I am glad for it because the spoon fed WoW kids will be leaving soon. I am also very pleased that third party mods are not allowed. Learn to use the in game macro system. I can almost bot using it. The scripting is easy to use and the tutorial is fantastic. I honestly can not see how people are crying over the lact of functionality in this game. Oh wait it actually makes you think in order to accomplish some thing. I guess its a bad game.

Get the kids into it!

Free gold farming :)

Get the kids into it!

Free gold farming :)

That is awesome!

I might check the new expansion out when it come out. I currently play wow, actually just started 3 weeks ago or so, and its been a lot of fun so far. When MW2 comes out I'll be playing that instead of wow.

The thing about WoW, Aion, TF2, L4D, ANYTHING; is that the game is only as fun as you make it to be. If you're involved with a good community base that is helpful and fun to be around it makes the game all the better. That's why most of us play online games, to interact with other human beings. That's how people can spend all day playing Shooters, or MMOs.

However, the reason I believe the reason for MMO success over FPS in the majority is that MMOs are built around questing and filling that niche. Whereas FPS's you have to work a bit harder to get involved with a community that's worthwhile.

And that's the reason I'll never go back to WoW, aside from the fact that the game is arguably too easy for my taste, is that all the people I enjoyed playing with are gone to other games or done with gaming completely. And that's probably a reason that a lot of people are so easily stratified on the issue of which game [if any] is better.

I am having trouble seeing how it is retarded to compare to different MMOs. A good portion of what our opinion is formed off of comparisons. Comparisons let us see what a new game brings to the table and where it is lacking. Comparisons allow explaining a game to someone in terms of something they are familiar with. MMOs are at least a good portion of them operate on a WoW like mechanics, Wow did not start these mechanics though. MMOs all build off of innovations in other MMOs, this is what allows us to compare Aion to AoC to Everquest to WoW.

The problem is, when people like CaRpENoCTeM screw up, and use the wrong damn word, it causes this exact problem. ( And I did this myself too in a different thread. So I had also screwed up, and used the wrong words, which caused someone to reply to me in the same way you replied to CaRpENoCTeM. )

There is 100% no problem in comparing two different games. The problem is, when someone claims that a game is a knock-off of another game. Instead of "compare / comparison", he should have said "It's BS to claim AION is a rip-off / knock-off of WoW".

I've told many people, and said it here in these forums. AION is basically an upgraded, slightly more western version of Lineage / Lineage 2. It's not a WoW rip-off, or WoW clone.

Seriously, If we used that logic, then WoW is a rip-off of Everquest. So, why the hell are WoW players playing a KNOCK-OFF, when they should be playing the ORIGINAL. ( See how stupid that sounds. )

But I agree with what you say. Comparing two games is the norm. And comparing Aion to WoW is perfectly fine. And yes, WoW didn't innovate most of the MMO mechanics. It just built on top of what was already out.

Hell, I compare almost all MMO's I play to Eve-Online. Eve is probably the most different MMO out there at the moment. It's VASTLY different than the typical MMO. But it still has a few things in common. And it does many things right ( I'm in love with the Eve-Market. No other MMO has a market that can hold a candle to what eve has made...In my opinion ).

Aion is fun. The grind is getting worse. But I love crafting, So it helps when I'm tired of grinding. That, and I watch Movies / TV shows while playing. so the grind isn't bad at all. Just time consuming.

PhoenixOfChaos
is that the game is only as fun as you make it to be

Couldn't agree more. I don't care what MMO you play, if you feel all your doing is "Grinding" then it isn't fun. every MMO is grinding no matter how you look at it, just some have different kinds of grinding. Warhammer was suppose to be the new way to play because you got xp from PVP, ending the "grinding" of quests... but instead your just grinding by PVP, it's still grinding.

The most ironic thing happened to me this past weekend... To say in few words my Aion account was taken over(hacked) by a key logger, they changed my password and also somehow altered the "hint questions" you need to recover the password for that account... so I end up contacting NCsoft of the situation... my account wasnt recovered until yesterday morning(was taken over Thursday night) within that gap I was soo ****ed off and bored that I started playing WoW again. Even after I got my Aion acct back I still found myself loggin on to WoW ...managing to lvl a Paladin to lvl30. That being said I didn't quit Aion, I guess now I'm just gonna have to balance the time between the two games and I guess I'mma preorder Cataclysm now... Ok here is the best question....(drumroll) Should I go full Ret or dual spec into prot as well if playing on a PVP server... my past memories of WoW are pretty vague and I have never made a paladin before.

(drumroll) Should I go full Ret or dual spec into prot as well if playing on a PVP server... my past memories of WoW are pretty vague and I have never made a paladin before.
I think you should delete the Pally and roll a Druid, but that is just me ;)

The most ironic thing happened to me this past weekend... To say in few words my Aion account was taken over(hacked) by a key logger, they changed my password and also somehow altered the "hint questions" you need to recover the password for that account... so I end up contacting NCsoft of the situation... my account wasnt recovered until yesterday morning(was taken over Thursday night) within that gap I was soo ****ed off and bored that I started playing WoW again. Even after I got my Aion acct back I still found myself loggin on to WoW ...managing to lvl a Paladin to lvl30. That being said I didn't quit Aion, I guess now I'm just gonna have to balance the time between the two games and I guess I'mma preorder Cataclysm now... Ok here is the best question....(drumroll) Should I go full Ret or dual spec into prot as well if playing on a PVP server... my past memories of WoW are pretty vague and I have never made a paladin before.

Full ret will be the best way to level. Dual speccing is nice in that it is easier to find groups, but make sure you keep a ret spec for soloing.

Christ! Tell me they're not charging $50 for an expansion? Was it $50 for the last expansion pack?

Christ! Tell me they're not charging $50 for an expansion? Was it $50 for the last expansion pack?
For the amount of content that comes with it, I'd pay $100!

Oh wait, I'm buying the collector's edition for that much anyway ;)

Yar, they were 50 beans when released. Although, they could charge $100 and 99% of the player base would gladly pay it.

As long as it isn't a Pally, I vote for it!

Pfft pallys own! Im a ret pally and I can pull 5 guys and keep them hammered down. Just throw down consecration divine protection and some judgements, and you win. Can't tell you how many times I destroy a druid or mage in PvP. Paladins>Mages>Druids.

Back