• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Junk New Life as Benching Station

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's awesome! I love simplicity of it :thup:
Just curious, what white cathodes are those?
Also, you need to teach me how to take good pics like those :D

Thanks again everyone!

It's a LED light bar consists of 18 LEDs.
The pictures were taken with 2 cameras. Sony Alpha A-550 and Canon EOS 50D.
An image is only good when there is a good lighting control as a rule of thumb.
Always try to avoid using direct head-on flash which usually yields harsh look outcome.

=====

Here's a couple tips I thought should be mentioned.
A, use 1/2" standoffs or taller so many passthrough hole drilling for cables can be avoided. CPU power cable, audio cable and fan cables can run underneat the motherboard.

B, a tie post is a good to have to securely tie up GPU and main power cable in place. Not only that, it serves as a fan bracket for rams.

C,
2rqnm6q.jpg

=======================================

Second system active.
I had to make a couple changes due to the multi-card reader's usb cable was a bit short.
Fans swivel over without the need of remounting.
20sx2zm.jpg
28rjlts.jpg

14kw7kj.jpg

This looks even better since it's now centered.
16kyl1.jpg

It's now accommodates 5 HDDs
20s6jv7.jpg

Moonlighting
35a4p48.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much gentlemen.

haha.....I hate to see dusts being collected while not in use. This would do just fine perfectly. :)

2n1x88w.jpg

Last edited:
could u please tell me ware u got those brackets (hdd,psu,ect) from? thank u b-4 hand

Sorry for the late reply.
Those galvanized metal brackets can be found at Home Depot or Lowe's in the wood frame building area.

As my host had died, I've just fixed the pictures on the 1st post...and moving along with the rest soon.

Back