• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG stickers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grendel0501

If case modding was a art class, I am still eating paste in the corner.

- The Short Version -
Can someone enlarge this sticker, while avoiding all the jagged edges that come with enlarging?

- The Long Version -

I have never really put that much effort into the look of a rig. At most I buy a nice looking case like my 10yr old NZXT Lexa and then stuff my rats nest of non modular wiring skills into it.

This time I tried to put alittle more effort into the looks of my case. I purchased a Anidees cube case with 3 tempered windows, a separate section for PSU wires and rgb fans up front. Its a nice looking case I added a led strip to light up the interior to show off the clean wiring.

But it needs something alittle more custom. I wanted to take the side window into a glass shop and have them etch a design into the glass, but that is alittle more than I want to spend on adding alittle flair to the window.

I've thought about it for acouple of days now and can't really come up with anything worthwhile to add to the window. I guess the cheapest/simplest option would be a decal/sticker to stick on the glass. Something that is able to be seen through so the parts behind can still be showcased. I found a simple bomb decal on amazon that I like but it only comes in a very small size, so I took the picture of their sticker to a custom sticker website, it looks like they can make me two large 10x10in decals to add to both side windows, but I need to clean up the image alittle bit for their custom sticker editor to allow me to enlarge it as large as I want it.

So can someone help me to enlarge this image? My image editing skills consist of MS paint...

BombDecalCrop.jpg

Also if you wish to point at laugh at my customization skills that is also a option. :chair:

This was done with paint.net it's free. Problem is the original image doesn' have a enough resolution to it so it gets fuzzy when you make it bigger

BombDecalCrop.jpg

If I want a proper precut vinyl the sticker company asked if I could supply them with a vector file :confused:. "A vector file is either an AI, EPS or vector PDF file."
Or, they said they could make me one for $30 + the cost of the 10in vinyl, probably totaling around $50...

Looks like something I thought would be really simple and cheap is slowly becoming expensive.

Using the images you guys helped to smooth out, I think I can get a $17 non-cutout vinyl.

There are companies out there that will vectorize an image for 5 bucks. That is a very simple vector. I would download adobe illustrator trial and make it. Import the BMP or JPEG into the software and try doing an image trace. It may pick up most of the lines. Once happy, delete the background image, apply fills as needed and save it as an AI file and send to graphics company to print. I use my GFs cricut to cut vinyl decals after exporting from illustrator to SVG files so I can make my own.

I've had good luck in the past with Fiverr for converting an image to vector.

I jumped into Adobe Illustrator and made the graphic for you, took about 5 min. It is 100% vector. If you go to a company site for custom vinyl you will be able to upload the image. Here is the link to the design I did for you.

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/768758/Sticker.ai

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Here is a PNG of what it looks like but keep in mind PNG is not vector. To scale it, use the link to download the vector I sent you. The preview below may look distorted but this is due to monitors. If you click the enlarge button you will see it's very smooth. When it goes to print it will also be smooth.

When you speak to the vinyl company tell them you want only the white to be cut which is the "paths". The black represents the computer case window.

If you PM me I can make you a 10 x 10 (2 stickers) for 10.00 and I will mail them to you if you are in the US. I use high quality vinyl and I will place it on transfer tape for you so you can just peel and stick.

Example:
eaxmple.png

Sticker.png

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Thanks Joe.

I used the sellers sticker editor to try and get the best I could do with the jpg image.
It came out ok, but since I didn't have the right file format the finsihed product was a large rectangle, that instead of being cut out vinyl, just had clear vinyl inbetween. So I had to take a razor and cut out the picture, which in the end didn't look right.

Yours actually looks way better.

Back