• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One of the Biggest Cases I have ever seen! (Ideas)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skahtul

Well this is a “little” case that I picked up at my college. They had no idea what it was and I got it for $10 bucks, not bad. It had some computer hardware in it but it was a little dated. It did have some cool things like 8 hot swappable power supplies. These pictures are after I stripped it of everything like Motherboard, Power Supplies, Fans, and a whole host of control electronics. It was a real monster.

It is really a CD Tower that can hold more CD-ROMS than I will ever need (24 TOTAL!!). But I think the mod possibilities are endless. It is currently being used as a stand for my current computer (the one on top) and my networking stuff (which I cleaned off for the pic). I am think of turning it into a rack system that can hold 3 or 4 computers and using the bottom half for a really cool refrigerated cooling project I have been working on to cool one of the PC’s.

IDEAS???

Big_1

Big_2

Big_4

get measurements for side pannel(s) and backside if none.get filters for the vent holes.i say you can easily put 3 pcs in it 4 pushing it.i say skip fridge idea because of condensation.
thats all i can think of for now.

That is definetly a large case. I would install a beer cooler, Coffee maker, and ice cream maker and then put two dual CPU systems in there. I would say just put a few systems in there and you will be all set.

Thank You,
Daniel

Make a root beer float vending machine out of it!

The ice cream container could also cool 2-3 computers!

Good Lord... that case looks like it has elephantitis.

I would weld a collapsible dolly onto it and go with a 'can you believe this thing is portable' theme. Include every possible nick-nack you can think of... RAID5 with LOTS of drives... LARGE heatercore with even bigger fans... fully integrated water-cooling system... hell, you could even fit an entire bong inside that freak of industry.

Paint it black... nothing that big should be of a fruity theme... it simply *has* to be black.

That is a folding farm waiting to happen. That thing is huge! I love working with big cases like that, they have so much potential, have fun with! Make sure to put some type of lighting behind that front window.

sixshot666 said:
get measurements for side pannel(s) and backside if none.get filters for the vent holes.i say you can easily put 3 pcs in it 4 pushing it.i say skip fridge idea because of condensation.
thats all i can think of for now.

Condensation? Who worrys about Condensation? ;) I would say look on ebay and get a water bath/chiller and setup a nice water chiller sytem. You have enough room to put the chiller in the whole setup.

Another vote for the "folding farm in a box" idea here ;)

Heat shouldnt really be a problem, set up a few cheap barebones systems and add a couple 120mm fans. Nice quiet room heater :)

Dual dually rigs that are naturally, Folding :)

But dang..10 bux?! I wish I knew of anywhere where they were willing to throw out a server case for that cheap....daaang

But ya, like vonkaar said PAINT IT BLACK, maybe etch a rolling stones logo on the window ;)

Hmm...that would be an awesome case...do you have the model number of it or something so we could see it on a retailer online (if they sell em)?

Fold and Frag on
Brian

sixshot666 said:
get measurements for side pannel(s) and backside if none.

Yeah it does have side panels, I just didn't put them on for the picture. They are very heavy. The plan is going to include a farm of 2 or 3 computers. BTW the case measures 29"H x 18"W x 28"L. I could "easily" put a system on each shelf, that would be 6 computers (if I could afford that many).

Everything gets painted black. And I will be replacing the front window with some tinted lexan or plexi. I am pretty big into multi media and surround systems. I am also thinking of making the top few shelves places to put my surround receiver and stuff. Then use the bottom for the computers.

Although a go-cart.....

Also some info.

Like I said it is kind of old, the board in it used EDO Ram.
But the people who made it are still around. They can be found HERE

And the model number is "CD T21 Server".

pik4chu said:
lucky punk!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046928226&category=1484

300 bucks on ebay, though it has 21 SCSI cd-roms with it (proly junk though) but 10 bucks... I hate you!! lol

actually just found it for 49, but 8 days left

That is a good find. You can see how much hardware "junk" was in it before I tore mine apart. That one looks "Exactly" like mine except that I had only SCSI cables and no CD-ROMS. There is another case that they have that I am trying to get a hold of. It would be just big enough for a 2 computer system with a little room left.

wow.....sweet!

Just put computers in there without cases. and imagine the size of the fans you could put in that thing!. Each rack could have a Desk fan on it easily!!!

you could get SOOOOO much airflow with that thing!.

and even if you do go watercooling multiple computers inside it.....i'd still have fans in there to keep the other components cool.

Nice man......very nice. and yes as said before it need to be BLACK. and that dark window.....SERIOUSLY NEEDS SOME MAJOR ETCHING IN IT!!!!!

like one GIANT dragon......or something.....dunno. But i'm sure you could easily fit one HELL of a sweet Design on that!.

Back