• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One of the Biggest Cases I have ever seen! (Ideas)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
joeseph_dirt said:
That thing is gonna cost you 500$ a year just in electricity if you get it all pimped out...

Yeah and I just got married and moved out of my house. It is different when you pay the bills. I have been leery to get a refrigeration project finished just for that reason.

Etched Window, now that is a good idea!!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Idea : Theme box
Code Name : Clash Of The Titans
Basis : One AMD and one Intel based system.
NForce 2 for Amd. Something For Intel
ATI Video Card And and Nvidia Video Card
Extras : Each System running a raid array
Both running watercooling with a single large res.
Both systems linked together into a lan
Window Etching of a graphic Showing AMD,Intel,Ati, and Nvidia logos Clashibng with eachother

Should have plenty of room left inside to put A Cd-Rom, CDRW, and DVD/RW in there somewhere

Another posibility. 6 of those Via Epia's acting as a big follding farm, and wih the added bonous of llinking them into a 6 person lan all in one box Call people and tell them all they need to bring are keyboard,mouse,headphones and monitor

Either way, find some old lugage and swipe the collapseable dolly from it so you can move the hog around

Man, I am jealous:

I love big cases and that monster dwarfs the ones I have!

Looking at it again I know what I would do:

3 systems, all water cooled with plenty of working space between them.
Water cooling equipment mounted in separate "boxes" inside the case to keep airflow separate for best performance/noise ratio- looks like it might be big enough to have mobos on the right and cooling on the left...?
Mount switch/hub internally somewhere.
Some accent lighting- different colors on different levels if you want to get really flashy ;)

I expect to see something pretty nice eventually....:D

Obsidian said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Idea : Theme box
Code Name : Clash Of The Titans
Basis : One AMD and one Intel based system.
NForce 2 for Amd. Something For Intel
ATI Video Card And and Nvidia Video Card
Extras : Each System running a raid array
Both running watercooling with a single large res.
Both systems linked together into a lan
Window Etching of a graphic Showing AMD,Intel,Ati, and Nvidia logos Clashibng with eachother

Should have plenty of room left inside to put A Cd-Rom, CDRW, and DVD/RW in there somewhere

Another posibility. 6 of those Via Epia's acting as a big follding farm, and wih the added bonous of llinking them into a 6 person lan all in one box Call people and tell them all they need to bring are keyboard,mouse,headphones and monitor

Either way, find some old lugage and swipe the collapseable dolly from it so you can move the hog around

I like the AMD Intel Idea. What would be cool is to get 2 systems that are almost identical to each other to test them and have fun running benchmarks. As for moving it around, it does have huge caster wheels. The picture just shows it so stripped down the only thing that is left on is the door. I think a huge water cooled system, with like a 10 gallon res. and huge radiators.

This case hase more than enough room for 3 computers and 3 water cooled systems. I am going to do multiple computers with at least some of them water cooled (but probably will also be water chilled). The main thing I am thinking to build right now is a type of rack/slide out system. I want to be able to slid the computers either out the front or out the side so I can work on them easily.

BTW,

I am finishing my other project (The Black Box) and will start on this case in a few months. So please keep the ideas flowing.

VIA CPUs suck at folding btw, Obsidian. Better off with cheap Duron/mATX combos.

CrystalMethod said:
I like the AMD/Intel idea. Kind of a Ying-Yang thing. But, I'd fill the drive bays with removeable racks W/ HDD's. 24 drive file server.

Yeah, but I am not sure if I could afford that many drives. But, I was thinking of making the top 18 or 20 free for removable and fixed drives. Then I would only take up the bottom or top few for the computers. That is the nice thing about SATA, the cables can be VERY long and are not as messy as regular ATA.

Back