• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on Switches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

Right now, I'm torn between getting rocker switchs or toggle switchs. They don't have to be very strong; they only have to turn LEDs on and off. I want to mount them in here:

front.jpg

Either will probably fit (or I can make it fit.:bang head ). I will probably be ordering from eBay because they can be quite expensive at radioshack ($3 or $4 one! eBay might have 10 rockers for $6, or 25 toggles for $10).

I'm just wondering what you guys think will look better. Since they both cost more or less the same for how many i need (like 5), looks are mainly the only weighing factor now.

check major auto parts stores for those switches, some carry some interesting options

I work on cars, and when we instal lights we use 3 poll toggel switches to control them. It acts as a dimmer and a on/off switch. It is fairly small also. You can get one of those at Autozone or any homedepot place.

I got my toggle switch at Pepboys and my rocker at Radio Shack, so those places will have 'em. But who knows what stores are over there in Hawaii :p I wish I knew...

Yeah, I say rockers as well. Toggles might be cumbersome down there, since you have to get your finger under them to flip them. I'll go further and suggest black rocker switches in a aluminum panel. Should look sweet.

rockers are always good. you can get lighted rockers too. so that's always a plus.

key switches can be had at your local autozone.
and radio shack has a nice little variety that never hurts to sort through..... heck you could even go old school and get a blade type switch. hmmm that gives me an idea for a case.....

good luck anyhow.

I would say go here and get some of those rocker switches. I just orders some and they seem to be very good quality. The rocker is not loose at all, plus they can handle a lot of power. They also stap in to the hole. And they are only 50 cents. I would order some other stuff that you might need while you are there though to make the shipping cost worth it.

thanks for the link. I actually decided to just use a couple of on on rocker switches. I am going to set them up to control 2 120 mm fans on a water cooling setup. I wanted to be able to switch from 5 to 12 volts. I initially wanted an on off on but decided that I will never really have the computer running and have the fans off. So as to not accidentally have the fans off and overheat I am going with the on on switch.

Back