• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on this HSF wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
I would like to know what you guys and gals think of this HSF. I'm thinking of using a couple on XP 1700 folding rigs that have medium OC with a tbred and a palimino cores.
LMK what you think. Thanks

There's a lot of speculation going around.

If I was you I'd go with the AX-7 and throw a generic fan on and you'll be good to go.

Looks pretty good, but i think you could get an ax-7 for $14 and have good temps, with an 80mm fan which could be quieter too. Either one, but beware of the thermaltake one, you might want to see if you can find a review since it is new, I havent seen one yet, hopefully it is better than there other products.

Yeah the ax-7 is made for lower cfm fans. The fins being wider then in say a slk-800 help the lower cfm fans since there is not at much resistance so the fan doesn't have to be as powerfull. I am currently using on a computer i made for my friend and with a 35cfm fan its doing a great job, and you can't beat the price.

That thermaltake setup blows. I have a 1700xp pali and idle temps are 43C. It is decent for the price i guess, but i'm not overclocking this chip. Although airflow isn't as good as i'd like it to be inside the case, the hsf is crippled by the clip. Because the clip goes directly over the core, you lose a lot of cooling performance. If someone were to modify the hsf so the clip no longer blocks airflow, the HSF would perform much better.

The V9 doesn't perform very well with the SF2, so this HSF (which is the same construction as the V9) would actually perform worse. I'd suggest an SK-7 or SLK-800.

I would also suggest the AX-7 as opposed to the Thermaltake...
Especially since the "Price is Right"...
(Wishing they had been that cheap when I bought mine...:( )
Great cooling for little cash and easy on the ears as well...Go AX-7. :D

ax-7 my setup..

im on a ax-7, i was told by thermalright that they recommned
a delta 80mm screemer...Top performer.. LOUD as hell though!!

Im now on a thermaltake smart fan 2 on my ax-7...

Temp sensing and almost slient...and im @ 2.3ghz (1.8 stock)

Would reccomend this combo to anyone.. temp is 47c @ Full load

Tis better than the delta @ 7v..

Back