• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock I7-5930K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AciDBorN

Hi @ll,

I have a question to ask you.
What is the base frequency of an I7-5930K (3500Mhz default). 100Mhz or 133Mhz ?.
In the tests I carried out, bringing the CPU to 4.3Ghz with BCLK 100Mhz (43 x 100) and 3.2Ghz RAM, i have not seen major improvements.
By setting the BCLK to 133Mhz and decreasing to 28x (28 x 133 = 3724Mhz) and RAM3.2GHZ, performance has improved considerably.
For example, ArmA 3 with the benchmark mission (Steam Workshop :: Yet Another Arma Benchmark) improved from 34 fps (BCLK100 - CPU4.3Ghz and 3.2Ghz RAM) to 43fps / 45fps (BCLK 133 - CPU3.7Ghz and 3.2Ghz RAM).
What is the correct overclock to set to increase the performance of the whole system and not just the CPU and RAM?

Thank you

Last edited:
That cant be right:shrug: maybe your IMC(uncore) frequency climbed without you knowing? Sometimes, programs relying heavily on cache can see improvements. I saw that happening in FSX. Cinebench score also climbs a little from cache speed bump

Maybe in that title? Do you see the same thing in other titles/benchmarks? This seems pretty anomolous, honestly.

I did not check the performances with other games because I'm out for work. can i use as bclk 133Mhz instead of 100Mhz? Like old school overclock.

Last edited:
Back