• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked Or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again, please list the brand/model or link the power supply tester...describing the ports it and others like it also isn't helpful.

Glad I asked... if your problem is while the unit is under load, how does idle testing help you?????? Woomack mentioned in post 11 already you need to test under load. Start folding and see what it says...
I agree I am not Shure how to put the PS under load while I use this kind of tester.

This the power supply tester is like the one I use.

I'm going to ignore the fact that it's "like" the one you use and not THE one.....lol. How hard is this?!! LOL

That's pretty basic, just dummy lights. Ideally, you want to see voltages (and why we suggested a DMM). I have no idea what that unit considers 'bad'/its tolerances. If you really want to test your power supply, get a DMM like was suggested and linked to earlier if you really want to get into it. :)

I'm going to ignore the fact that it's "like" the one you use and not THE one.....lol. How hard is this?!! LOL

That's pretty basic, just dummy lights. Ideally, you want to see voltages (and why we suggested a DMM). I have no idea what that unit considers 'bad'/its tolerances. If you really want to test your power supply, get a DMM like was suggested and linked to earlier if you really want to get into it. :)
What one would you recommend?

Ok I saw the dimms and I have a vrm does it not do the same thing?
DMM, not DIMM (the latter is memory/RAM)

What is a VRM (that's Voltage Regulation Module and what powers your CPU, lol)? Please link the exact model "VRM" you have so we can figure it out.

EDIT: I love how you 'like' the post, then don't answer the damn question, LOL.

Last edited:
Back