• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocked P4 power dissipations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toast

Greetings,

In a continuing effort to quantify voltages and power dissipations from an overclocked Pentium 4 Northwood processor, I have compiled and plotted some data that may be helpful to all.

While I am an engineer, some of this is a little out of my area of expertise and I would be very grateful for some feedback.

Toast

data sources

Lt.

All of the original source voltage data was obtained from the overclockers database for P4 1.6A's and 1.8A's. I posted the following thread with the results. In addition to the voltage data, I did use some of the s-spec information for the P4 posted on their web site.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=70900

The Voltage vs Frequency regression expression gained from that work was used for all the predictions posted in this thread.

Toast

Given those numbers, we're definitely into AMD territory when it comes to heat output. Water-cooling will be a real plus if you don't want to wear earplugs (for a screaming HSF).

Has anyone seen Radiate .DAT's for Northwoods and Tualatins?

Back