• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Albatron P Turbo 128mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

Does this card come with its own overclocking program or do i have to download one? Would this be safe to overclock it in increments of 5 and just run the UT 2003 benchmark? I dont have 3dmark and im on 56k. What program would be the best to download to do the overclocking? Ima newb.

I use Rivatuner from guru3d.com
I also use the 41.03s
My albatron tops out at 300/632...good luck...
oh and yea UT2K3 is a good tester (I use it and 3DMark)

So tell me if im right, overclock core and memory in 5mhz increments then run UT 2003 benchmark...keep doing until i get artifacts or distortion...?

basically.
Though I started at 270/600...it's safe to say 99% of all Albratron Turbos can do that. From there 5mhz ups. then level it out to figures of two (if you want)

for me

went 275/635 (no go)
went 275/630 (go)
went 280/630 (go)
went 285/630 (no go)
so...I saw I couldn't go above 280 or 635. I then went to increments of 2. Thus ending up with 282/632 k?

yeah it sounds pretty easy, if the card is new should i leave it in my system for about a week and see how it does and let it get used to its new home rather then OC it right outta the box?
and is UT 2003 benchmark a good tester or should i just play UT 2003 for like a hour with the settings?

eh heh, **** man. I just got my Albatron YESTERDAY.
and to be honest just playing UT2K3 for about 2 minutes works. Get yourself about 10 kills on some bots in Anatalus (outside environment) to stress it. No artifacts? You're good.

...or that's how I do it anyways. Haven't had a prob at this stable speed.

instead of increasing it by 5mhz each time, is there like a guarenteed setting i can go up to, so i can save time and effort?

lol, I said this in the 2nd post

basically.
I started at 270/600...it's safe to say 99% of all Albratron Turbos can do that. From there 5mhz ups. then level it out to figures of two (if you want)

Don't worry dude, you're not gonna blow up your card. You'll just see tears in the screen. After you do just lower the core or mem (or both). :D

sort of like the samsung ram a while ago i think video cards like to slowly be upped in speed so they get used to a slow upward speed change. That would be better than just throwing the max possible at the card because it may not like that. Yeah a pain but hopefully will be worth it in the end.

i now have rivatuner, and the drivers, its all ready for tomorrow when my card should arrive, besides just plain overclocking is there any other settings or boxes here in riva tuner that i should change??? Is overclocking worth it if im not looking for 3dmarks but rather just to play the newest games?

It was worth it for me...
my old 64MB Gainward GF4 Ti4200 was a dog in UT2K3.
My frame rates where all over the place (card was heating up too quickly)

As for 'worth it' that's entirely up to you.
In RivaTuner I forced on sideband addressing and fastwrites.

Well...I'm off to bed. I hope your card o/cs high. I'll check this thread tomorrow. :)

Back