• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an Athlon 600 Slot-A...........???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

korak

OK, here's the deal
I have an athlon slot-a 600mhz cpu with a ASUS K7V VIA kx-133 chipset motherboard. 200 mhz fsb
640 meg ram (spectrum cas2)
Afterburner Deluxe GeForce 2 GPU vid card
2 extra case fans
and i have a GOLD FINGER DEVICE
but as to how i change all of the BIOS settings that is what I DON'T KNOW........

changing the dip switches on the gold device is no problem it is the internal changes that worries me.

i ran PCProbe which came with the asus mb and it shows that the cpu has an external clock speed of 100mhz, supported Voltage of 2.9v, MAX speed of 800mhz and a current speed of 600mhz.

Do any of you know what I can do to change this.

Welcome to the Forum!

If I get your problem right, U don´t know exactly, what to change in your Bios, to make your Cpu stable at overclocked speeds, right?
At first, I would advice you, to read your manual...Read it good and slowly, and it will give you most of the information on your Bios you need.
The most important changes are in FSB and core voltage.Especially the voltage is of major interest., as your overclocked CPU will require some more of it. I would try to set the CPU to 800 Mhz or so, with a voltage of around 1.8 V if you have good cooling.
Do that, and come back for further questions
Good luck!

Did you use a Gold Finger Device?
or just change your BIOS settings?

Back