• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking on NF7-S r2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave332

Hey,

I've been trying to overclock my system for the last few months, but I'm having just a tad of trouble. First off here are my current specs:

NF7-S r2.0
Athlon XP 2400+ Mobile currently 2250 (10x225)
1GB Mushkin "Enhanced Basic" PC3200 @ 450 CL 2.5-4-4-8 (originally 2.5-3-3-8)
PowerColor Radeon 9800SE (no, the other 4 pipes don't work)

Cooling:
CPU - AeroCool HT101 JR
RAM - Covered in CoolerMaster ramsinks
Northbridge - ZM-NB47J
Southbridge - ZMNB32J
Various Chips and the MOSFETS have CoolerMaster Ramsinks on them
All sinks are applied with either Artic Silver 5 or Artic Silver Thermal Epoxy

Current Setup:

Currently I have the fsb set to 225. I had to mess with the latency on the RAM to get it to run synchronous, but it did up the bandwidth signifigantly. For some reason, the system is completely unstable when the proc is set for 2300 or higher and vcore bumps do nothing to improve the situation. Oh well, I'm not horribly worried about CPU Speed (although it would be nice). Oh, before I forget, all of these clocks are the same as when I had the stock cooling on the cpu and the thermaltake extreme spirit vacuum, I mean cooler. Everything else (except the CPU, Northbridge, & Southbridge) was uncooled. With the new cooling, everything runs ~10 degrees cooler. The RAM latencies can't be tightened and I can't push the FSB any higher. My only conclusion is that I need more voltage, which leads to my next point:

Voltages (as measured from PC Health Status in BIOS and the ABIT EQ tool:

VCore: 1.71
Chipset: 1.7
VDimm: 2.96
+3.3V: 3.26

I guess that's all that really matters. Post if you want the others.

I went and did a little bit of searching and found that others with a similar or the same problem were able to fix it by upping the 3.3V line to ~3.58V. This resulted in a boost on the the Chipset and the VDimm, allowing for more stability at higher speeds. As far as I can tell, this is accomplished only by adjusting a pot on the psu, which means you have to have a psu with pots. I took apart my Enlight 350W and it does not have any pots. So does anyone know what I can do? Thanx in advance.

have you done the L12 mod? also, are you using a modded bios? one piece of advice....if you want quicker help, post this in the amd abit section.

also, running 1gb of ram (i assume 2x512) severely limits your ram do to the weak memory controller. you won't be able to get a fsb much past 225 or 230 running 2x512, so you're probably at your max oc right about now.

Do you have L12 mod on it? What bio u using?

Edit: You might also need a better PS.

Back