• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the A8N-SLI Premium. Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woodywoody

Registered
So, i had an A8V-Deluxe a while back. I remember in the BIOS there was option for overlocking. Something like Smart Overclocking that was 3%, 5% 7%, and 10%. Of Course you could manually do it but i always did 10% to get my 3200+ from 2.0Ghz to 2.2Ghz.

I have the aformenioned A8N-SLI Premium and i updated to the BIOS version 1009. In said BIOS i can't find anyway to highlight the CPU under Advanced settings... I swore i read somewhere on the Asus site that anything above 1006 would give you access to these options. Does anyone know a way to overclock these bad boys other then the Memory, Hyper Transport, etc etc?

Do i need to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version?

-W

The bios revision is fine. How to oc is located in the manual. The manual is your friend =). That isn't very helpful i know, but i'd have to go to asus's site and download the manual to tell you exactly where to go...so you might as well do it. =)

I am almost 100% sure it says to go where i was trying to but is locked out. I will check when i get home to make sure.

-W

woodywoody said:
I am almost 100% sure it says to go where i was trying to but is locked out. I will check when i get home to make sure.

-W

From what I've read, you must disable the "cool-n-quiet" feature and then the OC features will be available. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Whoops, I read wrong, I was referring to the A8n32 board. not sure if this feature is available on yours?

premium

go under advance and go to "jumper free configuration" take off auto and put to ai overclock, i think its like 5,10 blah blah blah so on so on. but its under JUMPER FREE CONFIGURATION.

If you are not going to tweak through the bios manual setting, then the supplied mobo driver disk has a software oc utility that will do the same thing for you. overclocks auto by % incremants up to 10%.

Back