• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painted my Model M with Krylon Fusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fred Koser

Picked up a rattle-can of black Krylon Fusion the other night at Wal-Mart. It was ~$4. Just did my model M today and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't have much experience with spray paints and I think I hit part of it with too much, but it looks good & the finish is getting more even as the paint cures. Here are some pix:

model_m.jpg

model_m_2.jpg

ibm_logo.jpg

bklabel_2.jpg

bklabel.jpg

Sorry, I only have a webcam so the pix are pretty low res. You get the idea.

Cool beans man, I've seen ads for the stuff for a month now, and needed a guinea pig. Thanks! Looks good too.

now back in your cage :D

Very nice looking!! If I end up getting my Logitech KB im definatly gonna change the color of it =D Modding an expensive item...the love of my life :)

Well Thompson's is here...www.tcwo.com, that's a good shop for decent prices on most items. As far as Lan's, not really sure, I haven't been into Lan's and OCing for very long. I am sure they have them, just none that I know of. Welcome to Tampa, BTW. Been here 23 years so nothing is good to do here now ;-)

There's always Ybor if your into that stuff.

I'd love to find a student gaming organization in Tampa - their LANs always have the best prizes. :) Seriously though, it would be nice to find a friendly LAN group - I'm not very good at any games, but I do enjoy dragging my rig around and staying up late eating junk food.
Ybor is SO not my scene. :) Would I be here if Ybor was my scene? Heh-heh.
Thanks for the tip on Thompson's. Sounds like there is no way to see what 1700+s they have in right now, but could be very useful in the future.

It's supposed to bond directly with the plastic without primer, and won't chip or peal off.
Kewl.

Diggrr said:
It's supposed to bond directly with the plastic without primer, and won't chip or peal off.
Kewl.

Cool. So, would this be better than vinyl dye if I wanted to spray a monitor?

I don't know if "better" is the right word. I also used some Plasti-Kote vinyl dye on my drives (couldn't find the right color in Krylon Fusion.) It worked just as well. I think the strength of K.F. is that its supposed to work on all surfaces (wood, metal, plastic, etc. - it says so on the can I have NOT tried anything but the keyboard.) If you can find the right color, it seems like it would be great on a monitor. Nmmnp over at Ars had AWESOME luck with it:

http://www.modders.net/uploads/nmmnp/Project Hockeytown Completed.JPG

Here is the thread:

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=77909585&m=7600973565

Back