• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

painted my motherboard *PICS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was actually thinking of painting my old motherboard I got for 5 bucks at a flea market :D I think I will, this thread helps though, because I too figured the paint would somewhat incelate the mobo, causing alot of heat and a nasty stench. I'll try with the BBQ paint though, see how that turns out. :p

And the darker colour looks good on that mobo, it would look good in a case lit up with red lights :)

SolidxSnake said:
It would spark, and then combust.

No joke.

Sorry for the old bump, but unless you were shorting out an AT motherboard then it would not combust...an ATX board would turn on the supply and then shut off immediatley thereafter. (Green+black pins shorted), then any supply that confirms to the ATX spec would shut off right away

Pro*Banshee said:
Sorry for the old bump, but unless you were shorting out an AT motherboard then it would not combust...an ATX board would turn on the supply and then shut off immediatley thereafter. (Green+black pins shorted), then any supply that confirms to the ATX spec would shut off right away

I just happen to have a few of those motherboards around :rolleyes:

I dont think I would do this to my Motherboard, but maybe try it out on a junker I have sitting around. I also just got a air compressor with 3 gallon tank, and a Badger 155 airbrush is in the mail :D It would really be something to experiment with! Try adding flames, or a ice effect on it... with UV reactive paint too!

Back