• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PAL8045 vs AX-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilgamesh

I would like to know which one is better heatsink if both of them are using the same fan.
BTW i've just got a PAL8045, i could got a AX-7 but when i saw that the mounting of the heatsink is through a clip so i decided that would be better choice the Alpha since the AX-7 is a big piece of heatsink and it might damage the cpu or having problems while moving the case.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
You bought wisely. Any heatsink that uses the Socket A holes in the motherboard is a better design from the get-go. Not just because it is a more secure monting system, but a lot of heatsinks with the single bar retaining clip system wind up removing the fins where they are needed the most to make a channel for the bar. A few use other approaches, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Hoot