• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Speaker Error Codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thef0x82

So my computer has been giving me some problems lately. I just put it into a new case with a new power supply, and it worked fine for a couple days, now it will work for a while, then the pc speaker starts making noise, and the computer freezes. The tone it's making is a repeated low to high tone. I tried putting my old power supply back in because I never had any problems with it before. I started watching the temperatures and the temp on my mobo slowly increases. It starts at 26c and I've watched it go to 30c before shutting my computer down. The cpu idles at 40c, I haven't put it under load though. No overclocking.

What's a good temp for the mobo. Is the temp what's causing the freezing?

I've got an Asus P4B266-C motherboard, running a P4 1.9 Willy. 256m pc2100. Saphire Radeon 9100.

Cooling: 120mm in front, 2x80mm in back, all bringing air in, and thermal controlled. PSU fan kicking air out. Vents at top of case.

I checked the manual for the mobo, didn't say anything about this speaker code, although it listed a couple others.

Last edited:
Tried looking at the bios homepages?
The different bios manafacturors have different error codes,
but thats probobly the way to find out...

Best of luck...
B!

They're saying anything continuous is probably a memory problem. Any suggestions for some software to test my memory?

Back